JohnnyCage Glass Collection! (&tools)

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by johnnyCage, Jul 29, 2012.

1. See I do that- and with pipe cleaners too-

But my problem is a few of the holes in the ice pinch are too small to fit a q tip around-

2. that works for all my other pieces-

But if i do that with my pinched bowl- everything will be spotless . . . but the glass pinch will still be black and covered in burnt res

3. That's strange. It's never failed for me. Good luck dude!

4. Yeah just all the different surface areas- i always get it clean eventually- but that just takes me a while of scrapin' at the pinch with toothpicks after its been soaked in iso

5. I rarely clean my hitter pieces lol but my tubes i try to keep spotless. I use purple power to soak my stuff in. No issues so far

6. Well my parts i can keep spotless- and i can have them go from dirty to clean in 1min.

But my question is what tricks people have for getting the shit off the glass pinch itself?

With my roor bowl- its not a problem because i just take out the glass gauze and scrub it quick- but i just can't seem to touch enough surface on my cheech bowl's glass pinch to get it clean fast

7. Short of soaking it after each use i doubt you will find something that cleans it quick

8. If this is the answer then im pissed at myself....

Am I just not soaking the bowl for long enough?

(i soak my pinched bowl WAY longer than anything else- but I still only let it soak in iso for about 5-10 min)

Then i rinse and scrub as much off as i can- and shake it in iso again.

So should i just try soaking it longer before rinsing and scrubbing?

9. When i soak i do overnight

10. How many bowls can you guys run through the carbon filter before you change it?

11. I fill mine half way and i change once a month, but i rarely smoke so it might be a total of 20-30 hits

12. WTF?

K- then i am prob doing something wrong/different . . .

lol- i have that little gear orb carbon filter- and i HAVE to change it after like- 3-4 hits!

After 4 the carbon is just a big chunk of sticky-res-y grossness- and it DRAAAAAGGGGGS- lol.

And the BIGGEST prob for me- is if i don't change daily/semi daily- if i take a rip and the filter is dirty- the bowl snaps onto the carbon an IGNITES! and then i have burning fucking charcoal tryin to get at my lungs!

13. Holy shit lol uhhh i have an apix dd filter. Same size as a mcfinns ultra. Never had what your talking about

14. Its in one of the pictures- its on top of my ash catcher.

Its alot smaller than a mcfinns-

15. Hey man that roor downstem isn't gridded. Those are punched holes. I also think it's fake.

Regarding the carbon, I have a regular sized mcfinns and I fill it up all the way and just replace the carbon as soon as res starts getting built up in it, which is like every other day or two. I might be able to get like 10 snaps out of it before I feel the need to change it. If I let it go too long it starts to taste funky. Thankfully I've never had the problem of sucking burning bud through and igniting the carbon though, that sounds rough.

16. Thanks for the tip-

So thats a 'punched hole' not gridded? How would a gridded fire differently?

And yeah i could believe its fake- i was hoping someone would say its an american roor. ..

17. This is a gridded downstem: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH_uk5Tm2xA]sovereignty 180 gridded downstem, front&back views - YouTube[/ame]

This is a roor 21 hole dowstem: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZvyxycMQOQ]RooR German 21 Hole Diffuser Diffusor Close Up Milk and Bubbles! - YouTube[/ame]

not a great video of the roor diffy but you can see the difference

18. Ah- I see.

(my 'roor' downstem looks like the one in that vid)

19. Does anyone have a trick for cleaning K clips?

(im worried iso might damage the color? and theres a bit of res on it from where i left it on by accident while cleaning a bowl)

20. Scrub with a sponge and soapy water.

Maybe try testing with iso and a cotton swab on a small part of the clip, shouldn't hurt though if its rinsed off in a reasonable amount of time.