johnny depp is a douche bag.

Discussion in 'Grasscity Forum Humor' started by raybow, Oct 20, 2010.

1. #1 raybow, Oct 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2010
    so anyway, i got high today and thought about how johnny depp is a tool. i then went on youtube and tried to look for his band "P" (they suck btw) and i accidently stumbled across this interview.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwkS-ERuNuk&feature=fvw]YouTube - Letterman - Johnny Depp Doesn't Watch His Movies[/ame]

the guy is totally lying through his teeth!

link on body languageHow to Detect Lies - body language, reactions, speech patterns

i find this shit hilarious. also i can tell by the way he is sitting that he is "establishing dominance", or at least he is trying to. body language kicks ass

2. Johnny depp is one of the least "Tool" actors. While he does have a few "tool" films (Alice in wonderland, willy wonka and the chocolate factory), he has a whole slew of other badass films. Ever seen From Hell? What about Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas or, Private Resort? Also, he's about to star in the upcoming film The Rum Diary.....he's pretty legit IMO.

3. oh i dont deny the guy has been in some great movies, he is a legitamite actor.

but to me he seems like hes desperatley trying to fit some kind persona hes made for himself them actually being himself. kinda sad actually, but then again, thats a lot to infer from just one video.

dont get me wrong though, i think the guy is a huge tool.

4. I somewhat agree with your middle sentence. However, actors do have it pretty hard. Id probably put a bullet in my brain if i had reporters up my ass at every waking moment

5. i get what you saying, but i still think its not a very good excuse to just blatantly lie to try to fit some artistic stereo type.

god, i feel like such a douche myself for being so judemental, but eh whatever.

6. He's a douche bag because of his body language? :confused:

Dude, analyzing body language is far, far, far from an exact science. You're not going to read a few articles online and suddenly be like the guy from "Lie To Me". :p

His body language doesn't come off as "establishing dominance" at all, to me. He seems more submissive and tense, like he's uncomfortable with doing interviews.

He could be a douche bag for all I know, I've never met the guy. But I don't see anything douchey about this video. :hide:

7. You obviously never watched 21 jump street OP.

8. #8 raybow, Oct 20, 2010
    dude, he looks like hes nervous because he is lying, plain and simple. you are seeing what you want to see. are you a fan of his? yes? then you are biased.

• Hands touching their face, throat & mouth. Touching or scratching the nose or behind their ear. Not likely to touch his chest/heart with an open hand.

• Timing and duration of emotional gestures and emotions are off a normal pace. The display of emotion is delayed, stays longer it would naturally, then stops suddenly.

• Timing is off between emotions gestures/expressions and words. Example: Someone says "I love it!" when receiving a gift, and then smile after making that statement, rather then at the same time the statement is made.

• Gestures/expressions don’t match the verbal statement, such as frowning when saying “I love you.”

• Expressions are limited to mouth movements when someone is faking emotions (like happy, surprised, sad, awe, )instead of the whole face. For example; when someone smiles naturally their whole face is involved: jaw/cheek movement, eyes and forehead push down, etc.

what more do you need. humans are very predictable creatures. and he was establishing dominance. i mean seriously, there are people who study these type of things for a living.

9. The sad thing about your assumption, is that EVERY human being is different, so while some people might do the above when they are lying, some people might not do that.

10. dont talk shit about johnny depp cuz when he sees this hes going to kick your ass

11. looks this place is infested with fear and loathing fan boys.

the guy isnt a god. he seems like a once cool guy turned into a dirty compressed commercial product. maybe the media did it, maybe the money did it, but the guy is definitley being a douche.

just watch any of his other interviews, his body languege is WAY different.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxCaOzmV0LE&feature=related]YouTube - Best Advice From Johnny Depp[/ame]

edit- read through the whole list. the guy is literally doing all of them with the exception of like two that dont apply. actually read it or you are just an ignorant fan boy.

12. I wouldn't say I'm a fan. I don't really have an opinion on him either way.

All those things you pointed out can possibly, sometimes, in some situations, point to someone lying. None of them mean for sure that someone is lying.

I have done many of those things myself when telling the truth, because I'm just not comfortable in most social situations.

I don't have to be a Johnny Depp fan to disagree with your assumption that he's a douche bag because he touches his face too much and doesn't time his expressions right. :poke:

13. oh so you are like a lie detector now because you read something on the internet?

i say troll

bye bye :wave:

14. #15 raybow, Oct 20, 2010
    this is fucking funny, you guys don't even want to admit its a possibility. well whatever, i thought it was funny

edit- yes people, im sure johnny depp is a swell guy. but i still stand by the fact he was lying. and even if he was, do you realize that he would have had to bring up the fact that he doesnt watch his movies to lettermen so they could talk about it during the show, because you know all talk shows rehearse prior.

i mean come on, people arent infallible. and dont take this too seriously, its just an observation, and one that i happen to believe is true.

15. Nobody said it wasn't a possibility. What we DID say however, is that just because someone has those "Symptoms" of lying, does not mean %100 percent they are lying. I myself do almost all that shit when im just nervous about talking to someone.

16. I can see where your coming from. I wouldn't call him a douche but yeah hes sellin out a lil bit. Hopefully he can bring it back around.

i'm a fan. don't forget about blow.. blow was great.

17. Blow too! Just watched that 3 nights ago.

18. #19 raybow, Oct 20, 2010
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0tw0gNxEjs]YouTube - 2 minutes with MGMT[/ame]

now watch the whole thing. when he says he was a striaght A student his facial expressions were delayed. and at the end of the interview when he is asked "when is your favorite time to pretend" he says "probably during interviews and press"

so there, and he pretty much he admitted he was bull shitting. and i think MGMT is cool as fuck. everyone like to bull shit sometimes.

EDIT- in the comment section a fan actually pointed this out.

"I love MGMT..He didn't answer a single question honestly! XD hahaha"

"The whole video I thought he was making stuff up off the top of his head and the way he answered the last question its so funny XD"

EDIT- god im high as fuck i keep forgetting to write this shit the first time. anyway, yeah guys, fear and blow are great movies, i know.

19. That was totally different from the other video