John Frusciante??

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Unreachable, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Does anyone here listen to john frusciante? hes the lead guitarist in the red hot chili peppers but hes got a bunch of solo albums out. theyre quite awesome and trippy, but thats because of his super bad drug addiction has left his mind a little... outlandish.

really great music to listen to while high, especially his newer stuff. heres a good one for guitar players as well as everyone else: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O651ybuNy0c]YouTube - John Frusciante - Before The Beginning [01][/ame]

2. Great guitarist overshadowed by Flea...not that thats bad Flea owns!

3. yeah i really like the bass in the empyrean. its all super good though. that album saved my life. so did duct tape.

4. Gotta love the JF. Acoustic Shadows is a stoner music library must.

5. you mean Shadows Collide With People? i do like that one, but my favorite is still the empyrean. Niandra Lades & Usually Just a T-Shirt is quite awesome as well. Untitled 5 is like the freakiest song ive ever heard.. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TxGa9n8OwQ]YouTube - John Frusciante - Untitled #5[/ame]

6. Yes. He released an acoustic version of the album called Acoustic Shadows.

7. hes alright, i like his work with the chilis more than his solo stuff.. he's fucking so overrated though, its kind of annoying

8. flea is amazing tho...one of the best bassists ever if u ask me...but JF is sickk...too bad he used to be heavily into herion...idk he probly still is but idk

9. hes my good friends 1st cousin. just thought id share that.

10. I know the awesomness of flea the van halen of bass. hes one of my bass idols! I play bass btw if you havent seen the video thats floating around here of me jamming.

11. Don't forget about all the sick ass shit he's done with The Mars Volta :)

12. he was in mars volta?? i did not know that. thanks.

13. He tours with them and plays guitar on a few sporatic parts of their albums. Omar, Cedric, Flea, and John have been friends for quite some time, as far as I know. I don't think it was strictly the industry that brought them together. Flea also plays with The Mars Volta. He plays all of the bass on Deloused in the Comatorium and some select trumpet sections on Frances the Mute as well as probably some random appearances elsewhere.