John Frusciante?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Clueless, May 15, 2009.

1. Do you guys think this dude is well on his way to becoming a guitar god?

2. Yes! Hands down. His solo album is phenomenal

3. on his way? he's already there mannnn

4. what do you mean well on his way? he already is.

but its a shame what heroin does to the body, his ability to play is significantly reduced since he became addicted to it. :(

5. It's greatly influenced his style and in my opinion, for the better. He's been clean for a few a while now anyway.

6. I consider him the modern-day Jimi.

7. i love his style, and the fact that he only plays vintage guitars. one of my favorite musicians by far!

8. hell ya im just about to finish scar tissue the book and talks about john a lot in it. but anyways ya hes awesome...listen to the solo on readymade on stadium arcadium...that shit is crazy lol

9. He's nuts. as shit.

Some people like to say that he's sloppy, and he does tend to wail an awful lot, but that's called having a unique style. Check out L'via L'viaquez by The Mars Volta, the first two crucial ass solos are John.

Not to mention two or three decades of nuts ass shit with the chili peppers.

and doesn't he have a shit load of solo albums from when he was kicking heroin? I seem to remember someone saying he just went nuts and made like ten solo albums in one year or some crazy shit.

10. #10 xtiffany, May 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2009
    im guessing you dont know much about John Frusciante, he's already a Guitar God. he just got inducted two years ago. along with john mayer and derrick trucks.

damn newbs. :cool:

Cover Story: The New Guitar Gods : Rolling Stone

this is my favorite by him:
    [ame="http://www.myvideo.de/watch/5545434/John_Frusciante_Murderers"]John Frusciante - Murderers Video - kerkoshjj - MyVideo[/ame]

11. S m o k e... John's had like 8 solo albums, wanna specify which is phenomenal?

12. #12 Deleted member 118531, May 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2020
    -

13. Whoa whoa whoa... Anthony Kiedis and Flea are the peppers!

14. Yeah flea is fucking amazing with the bass, the chili peppers would be nowhere without him. John is his own man, he doesn't make the peppers, because they went through like 4 or 5 different guitarists. Even Navarro made a joke about it when he played for them, he put the time line for all the guitarist behind him, and he put a question mark on the end of his. I don't think that takes away from John, because the dude is a fucking genius, he's not limited to that one band.

15. Haha you might've been joking, but I know plenty about John and his journey with the peppers, and w/o them. But when you've got legends ranging from BB king, page, stevie ray Vaughn, clapton, and hendrix...has he reached their status? at the end of the day it's a matter of opinion, lists and awards don't matter. I think he's fucking amazing, I'm just looking forward to what his future has to bring. He's lead an interesting life that's for sure, from playing for a band that he's been a fan of since he was 16, to diving into the deep depths of addiction and not playing music at all...when he decided to come back to rhcp, it was anthony who bought him his first guitar since his addiction took over. I think the man is well on his way to becoming a legend though :D