Joe's hoe Grow *Journal 1*

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Joedahoe, Dec 24, 2012.

1. #1 Joedahoe, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2012
    Hey guys.

decided to go back to old times. Im nervous, but then again i was the first time and was introduced to a world far more beautiful than i could have ever imagined.

Plant's sticky with thc crystals taller than me.:eek:

Majestically glowing under those lights

gleaming with pink and white

or purple or blue ....but i digress. :smoke:

Ok Day 1 was Dec 20. i Planted 3 unknown strains. and 2 days later planted another unknown strain.

i germinated in a paper towel with the 3 but the other the cup method.

i planted the 3 in Miracle Grow seed starting soil 3.5 gallon pot.(dont start with the hate on MG lol)

and the other strain in miracle grow organic in a 2 gallon pot.

both were mixed 50/50 perlite/soil

i have 3 walmart "grow lights" (found out theyre crap but i need all the light i can get) 1100 lumens each

i also have 4 cfls that are 900 lumens each

giving me a total of 6,900 lumens.

im gonna keep adding cfls with extension chords and y socket splitters
    like some felllow blades suggested.

i have 4x2=8 sq ft

any way i can maybe cut closet in half with cardboard standing in middle and cover with aluminum foil since it will be relatively far from the plants?:confused:

that way i cut 4 ft to 2 ft and have almost a 2000 lumen per sq ft to start?

let me know what you guys think of that idea.

i also forgot to mention im feeding all 4 blood meal in their water feeding.

any suggestion on the NPK is welcome. im gonna get bone meal for when i flower.

Plans of LST are in progress , just reading up which method i like best.
    super cropping looks very succesful but ive seen defoliation up close and think it gives a slightly better yield.

i plan on flushing two weeks before harvest (if i make it that is :D)

im pretty high so sorry if im all over.

This is before the Cfls were added.

View attachment 1065774

Day 1

View attachment 1065775

-Joe

2. Day 2

First seed pokes its head. hope its the first and not the last of the group.

didnt snap a pic :/ but there will be others.

-Joe

3. This is Day three. I added The CFLs today and my seedling seems to really be showing much mor growth with them rather then those piece of sh*t walmart lights. :mad:

Temperature has dropped past few days so i have pinned a snuggie (yes A SNUGGIE) to the outside of the closet doors covering 75-80 percent from bottom up.

photo6.jpg

the temp had been a stable 68 percent up until the snuggie and the added cfl. with the snuggie alone it made the temp rise about 3 degrees to 70- ~72.

with the cfls its a constant 75.

humidity is at 64% hi 47 % low at 50%.

Seedling right when i put cfls on for the first time.

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

this is the seed planted just yesterday. in organic MG.

photo 5.jpg

-Joe

Attached Files:

4. Day 4.

I woke up around 6 for work and fed the girls.
    the 3 gallon pot and the 2 gallon pot both got plain water. I spread some fertilizer around my basil if anyone cares. Im high so i thought id throw that last sentence in there.

3 gal.

image-1678325602.jpg

Oh yeah and the 2 gallon seed has poked their head :D

image-684799104.jpg

Cant wait till they both get leafy.

-Joe

5. Nice man, ill be in here to see whats goin on!

I started (not long ago) with a pc case attempt...and a sunshade for reflection and 4 cfls in it. I had them growing ok but man micro grows are hard as hell for me to keep track of. Seems like your temp is def on par now, thats right where i am with my LED and some cfls for just heat until mh/hps arrives.

Are you feeding the blood meal currently with it, is it just tap water feeding thats been sitting out, or?

I didnt give my new plants anything but just water that sat out for 24-48 hours to dechloronate for the first two weeks and they were perfect too.

Keep it up and happy holidays! :wave:

6. Oh and i decided today to plant green onions in another pot earlier lol

7. [quote name='"Gilboyto"']Nice man, ill be in here to see whats goin on!

I started (not long ago) with a pc case attempt...and a sunshade for reflection and 4 cfls in it. I had them growing ok but man micro grows are hard as hell for me to keep track of. Seems like your temp is def on par now, thats right where i am with my LED and some cfls for just heat until mh/hps arrives.

Are you feeding the blood meal currently with it, is it just tap water feeding thats been sitting out, or?

I didnt give my new plants anything but just water that sat out for 24-48 hours to dechloronate for the first two weeks and they were perfect too.

Keep it up and happy holidays! :wave:[/quote]

Glad someones watching :D

Yes, my original grow teacher always advised on bloodmeal mixed with water every other feeding. From the get go and after week 1 or two every watering is mixed with it.

For water i use aquafina bottled water to avoid my local water dont wanna bother with any unwanted add ins.

Have you tested your soils ph?

I have a kit i got but havent done it because i didnt know if i should do it now or later?

8. [quote name='"Gilboyto"']Oh and i decided today to plant green onions in another pot earlier lol[/quote]

Lol im germinating tomato seeds and spinach as we speak.

9. #9 Remo2025, Dec 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2012
    So wanted to hate on the Miracle grow lol
    but your trolled it before I could say something.
    Looking ok so far i'll be keeping my eyes on ya... subbed

Im not a huge fan of indoor growing, I have way more experience outside.
    but the basics never change. keep it simple and dont over complicate your grow.
    Im trying to get about 30 or so clones before may and a little smoke along the way lol

10. [quote name='"Remo2025"']So wanted to hate on the Miracle grow lol
    but your trolled it before I could say something.
    Looking ok so far i'll be keeping my eyes on ya... subbed

Im not a huge fan of indoor growing, I have way more experience outside.
    but the basics never change. keep it simple and dont over complicate your grow.
    Im trying to get about 30 or so clones before may and a little smoke along the way lol[/quote]

Thanks man. I definitely wanna do an outside journal at some point.

Good luck on those clones!

Are you doing an SOG or SCROG or something?

11. yeah im trying to scrog them this time to see if I can even out the canopy and increase the yield. Im hoping to finance my ballast and nutes for the next grow with this one.

12. [quote name='"Remo2025"']yeah im trying to scrog them this time to see if I can even out the canopy and increase the yield. Im hoping to finance my ballast and nutes for the next grow with this one.[/quote]

Nice man. Hope all goes well. What strain?

13. I have Blue Mystic and Master Kush from Nirvana seeds for now.
    I may look into buying Wonder Woman or Full Moon the next time I buy seeds.

Im not a huge fan of my Master Kush its very sativa dominant and not very practical for my grow situation but I may keep a few clones to transplant outside in the late spring.
    The Blue Mystic is wonderful its not very odorous so it doesnt make the whole basement wreak of pot lol. Its still packed with blueberryish flavor and is very potent.

14. Day 5.

Im trying to stay away from them. Im so impatient i just open the door every couple minutes. I missed this lol.

The seed planted late is realing starting to unravel!

I call her/him thomas. Idc if its a fem lol.

That is the engine that could right?

Anyways still watering maybe 3-4 times a day lightly. A little spray around the soil here or there or a simple spray in the closet to up the humidity.

I heres both.

image-2435455840.jpg

image-2719994647.jpg

-Joe

15. Wow im high^ but why the hate on master kush bro? And i thought master was mostly sativa

16. I know that feeling. Thats what i was doing for the first several weeks...haha

17. [quote name='"Gilboyto"']

I know that feeling. Thats what i was doing for the first several weeks...haha[/quote]

Yeah man. But whats the smell rating on 1-10 for that blue mystic?

And why dont you like the master?

18. Wrong person lol that was Remo above. Im just on a test run with my new LED on bagseed :)

19. [quote name='"Gilboyto"']

Wrong person lol that was Remo above. Im just on a test run with my new LED on bagseed :)[/quote]

Lol true, my high is juststarting to clear.

Yeah in on some bagseed right now.

I ordered some cotton candy, and iced grapefruit, and got critcal #47 free

20. [quote name='"Remo2025"']I have Blue Mystic and Master Kush from Nirvana seeds for now.
    I may look into buying Wonder Woman or Full Moon the next time I buy seeds.

Im not a huge fan of my Master Kush its very sativa dominant and not very practical for my grow situation but I may keep a few clones to transplant outside in the late spring.
    The Blue Mystic is wonderful its not very odorous so it doesnt make the whole basement wreak of pot lol. Its still packed with blueberryish flavor and is very potent.[/quote]

Whats the smell range from 1-10 on both strains? And why hate on tha mastaaa