Joe Dirt's No-Till Soil Adventure

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Joe_Dirt23, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Yeah the worms never leave the pot. I even have a worm farm in the basement too. Life is too good for them in there, they are not going anywhere. Sure it's possible. I would get a pot the size of the 2.5x2.5 tent floor. Then grow 1 or 2 plants in the one pot. I do find the crab meal quite odorous for a couple days after apply it at the start of each grow. That might be a problem next to the bed.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  2. Gardens looking awesome man!
    I was wondering how much difference do you think dry trimming made to the final bud? How much more effort was it to trim the buds?

I've got my third harvest coming down in a week and have been looking around see how everyone does it. I read a lot of the commercial growers are hanging whole plants now for better product.
    I want to try as my first two didn't manage to keep much smell through harvest. I've dried for 5-11 days and had some curing for up to a few months but am not getting that smell or taste that makes good bud.

i want to grow the dispensary quality lol.

3. I found I got better results dry trimming. It allowed for a longer dry time before jarring. I'm still trying to perfect it. Last round I dried for about 6 or 7 days. Next round I'm going to try to draw it out longer with a humidifier. My bud now smells great once it is cut up or broke apart but I feel it could smell a bit better as whole nugs. It smells a little grassy to me. My friend the other day said the opposite though and that it just reeked. So yes dry trimming is my preferred method. I entered my 2 strains in a Cannabis Cup at the end of June, called the Unity Cup. I'll see how my flowers are judged.

• Like Like x 3
  4. The Return of another update. "Underground so we dig in the dirt"

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'm about to do my first no till run. do you notice any difference in quality/taste with the bud by going no till? I'd assume it smokes "cleaner"

6. I'm currently growing my best bud I have ever grown using no till. I have not had a chance to compare it to other bud grown differently. I will at the end of June at the Unity Cup. I'm hoping I place well, then I could say no till is superior. I feel it makes a taster, danker nug but I have no way to back it up. I do notice a difference in the food I consume. True organic grown fruit and vegetables are far superior in taste and color in my opinion

I can say that once all setup no till has very little work involved. All I do now is fill my reservoir once a week. That's it. No measuring a bunch of bottles, no ph measurement. Just set it and forget it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. It's the end of week 5. "My shit stays on point, it's the da joint!"

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hey bud garden looks amazing !!! What are u using for lights ? They look on the whiter side . Cmh ? Led? I run cmh 315/ hps 1000 / 315 cmh.
    I run 3 rows like that . Since I added the cmh my bud has never looked so good. I’ve noticed much more trim and crystal . My overall yield hasn’t really changed . With the acceptation of lots more trim . I don’t mind that , more edibles and rossin . I keep all the trim for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  9. 6 quantum boards if I remember right.

About your lights Joe what temps and watts you running? You went with 3/16 thick aluminum?

Looking at making my third 288 light and am looking for a heat sink option. I'm currently using a 12x8x3/16" piece per 288 at 110 watts/board with a temp of 120°F with no fans on it. Obviously I got 365 watts of total power that i can ring out of er but haven't designed the fixture to dissipate it.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. That's awesome your new light is yieldng better for you. I have only heard good things about cmh. I took the plunge and I went LED. However I did DIY and that brought the price down. There is another member on this forum, Tbone, who created a thread about HLG quantum boards. He is the my go to for knowledge on LEDS on this forum. They are a white light led with a much wider spectrum than blurple leds. They come with different intensity but I went 3000k which is great for veg and flower. I run my light stat to finish, veg and bloom.

I copied Horticultural Lighting Companys HLG550 which they say can replace a 1000w hps. Except I made mine stronger. I used 6 boards instead of 4.

I used to run a 1000hps right beside a 1000w MH. I would fight to keep my tent below 30c. My new light immediately dropped my tent temps down to no higher than 25c. Even to the point of where I now use passive air intake instead of my 6" fan I was using before.

I have never had such dense nugs before us my new light. They literally are like rocks. My last harvest was my personal best to date using this new light. I did 23.25oz on from 4 plants last harvest.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. You did a beautiful job on building your fixture!

It's been a while but yes I believe it was 3/16" 6061 aluminium. I just have a large 20" pedestal fan blowing air upwards, moving the air around the fixture. My temps range from 22-25c. I have a 8" exhaust fan sucking through a 6" filter and exhausting out the tent. I used to use a 6" fan for my intake to help regulate temps. I no longer require the intake and just passively intake air through a 8" duct. This light eliminated all my tent temperature issues.

As for watts I forget exactly what but it was the high 700s. 760 to 780 watts at the wall with the 6 boards.

• Like Like x 1
  12. thanks. I'm thinking on building the next light as a 3 board light since voltage draw matches up to a 320h-c2100a with three boards in series. main goal is to dissipate heat/ wattage/coverage across a wider area and a wider sink. also I got to think of a shroud concept so I have a single big 20cm pc fan in the middle..... it's coming along lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pressing sugar leaf trim
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. More[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  15. It's the end of week 6 and they will be going week 9 maybe 10. I defoliated the start of week 5. I was lazy and knew I need to defoliate.

• Like Like x 1
  16. "You can't party like us, stop trying!"

• Like Like x 1

17. Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  18. That’s awesome. That your own press?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thanks. Yes I made my own press instead of buying a pre made one. There use to be videos on YouTube on how to make one untill the Youtube purdge happened.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Damn that’s awesome. Good job, that’s master craftsmanship right there. Looks like you are pulling quality :love-mj2:

• Like Like x 1