Joe Dirt's No-Till Soil Adventure

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Joe_Dirt23, Sep 21, 2017.

1. 2 weeks into flower. I had to change suppliers for my leds which put me behind a week. I was supposed have them this week but will hopefully have them at the end of next week. The girls are looking great other then they could really use the proper llight spectrum now. MBP, coconut flour and water, that's it.

I have trimmed the rye grass back twice and each time it comes back quickly and thick. I may have gone a little heavy with the seed, lol. It literally is like a lawn. Hell, it's nicer then my actual house lawn, no joke.

My curing bud of Strawberry Cake and Acapulco Gold are reaching new flavour and smell levels, both becoming more potent. The time and effort invested into properly curing has paid off and will be repeated going forward.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  2. loving the thread keep it up!

• Like Like x 1
  3. #103 Joe_Dirt23, Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    Hey there SiriI'm glad you stopped by. I lost my motivation on this thread but your enthusiasm has rubbed off on me!

So last week my led boards arrived and I quickly put my light together for my plants desperately were wanting some flowering spectrum. I went with the 3000k. I bought a 38"×38" sheet of 3/16 thick 6061 aluminum from a local metal supplier. It was 1/3 of my light build cost. I squared and spaced everything how I wanted and screwed my boards on with self tapping wafer screws. I had to reem the hole on the board a bit for the screws to fit. Also I learnt a lesson that since my screws have such large heads, I over tighten a screw and compressed the negative run on the board and shorted it out. I put rubber tape under the screw heads and it fixed the board and it is running fine. So be careful when mounting these boards. Don't over tighten the screws and be sure not to disturb the internal runs. You can see them faintly. Anyway I am extremely impressed with the light so far, and as far as I can tell the plants are too. This thing is bright! My HID lights never were overly bothersome when in the tent. This new light requires sunglasses or else I have tracers and my eyes are feeling it after I leave the tent. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. I'm a little behind on my videos.

• Like Like x 2
  5. That’s awesome Joe Dirt!! Looking good!

• Like Like x 1
  6. those look sweet! hows the heat output from them compared to regular LED or COB?

7. Hey Scoob! I never owned an other LED or COB light so I can't compare to those, but I can compare to 1000w Metal Halide and 1000w HPS. Running my 1000w metal halide my tent was running at 26°c. After changing out light fixtures, my tent dropped down to 20°c. According to Horticultural Lighting Company who makes the HLG 550, which I copied, it is equivalent to a 1000w HID but only using 515w at the wall. My light has 6 boards instead of 4 and uses 780 watts at the wall. Here's a little science explaining it a bit.

"Photosynthetic Photon Flux

PPF (photosynthetic photon flux), or light output, for example, is a measure of the total PAR produced by a light source per second. In contrast to radiant flux, though, which is expressed in terms of energy (Watts or J/s), PPF is expressed in terms of photons, which are the basic unit of electromagnetic energy. Furthermore, since the number of photons that are counted is usually on the order of quadrillions and quintillions, the number of photons is typically expressed in micromoles (μmol), with each μmol representing roughly 6.02 × 1017 (602 quadrillion) photons. Therefore, since PPF is a measure of PAR produced per second, the metric is usually reported in μmol/s. However, PPF is measured at the light source, and although this means that the measure can be standardized (0 distance from."

So 2 umol/m2/s is considered extremely high light intensity and an HLG 550 is reported at 2.4 umol/m2/s. Ut hurts my eyes if I dpn't wear sunglasses. Here's a review, the features start at 3:20.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. I bit the bullet and ordered a Tropf Bluemat kit long and 2 extra feeders for my 4 pots. Soon I won't have to do anything but watch them grow.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. It's middle of week 5. I defoliated 2 days ago. The new light seems to be working, the flowers are fattening up nice. Feeding straight water with a splash of soap nut water and potassium silicate water, about a table spoon of each for a 5 gallon pail.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Damn wow so nice so much light! I love it! You've definitely nailed it :) I gotta go through your thread more so much to learn with organics.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Looks awesome in there!! Some real happy plants!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks buddy. Just trying to keep pace with you.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thanks Siri. When I first looked at organics I turned my nose up to it thinking what do these tree huggers know. However after trying true organics, or living soil, I don't know why everyone doesn't grow this way. Check out the no till revisited thread. That is where I learnt a lot. It takes so little effort to run once setup, minimal input costs once setup and amazing results. I can try to answer whatever I can but there are alot of knowledgeable growers in the organic threads, like Prepper420 for example.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lol, you’re doing great!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Week 6 is over. My Bluemats should arrive tomorrow. Prefect timing because I'm going to Cancun at the end of the month last minute to keep my Dad company. Not a worry since all I add is water. This shit is foolproof, I love it!

• Like Like x 3
  16. 93 till infinity

• Like Like x 1

17. Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  18. #118 Joe_Dirt23, Mar 20, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    I have to double check the wife's digital kitchen scale but 3 of 4 plants, 1 left to finish trimming tonight, coming in at 1736g, or 62.25oz, or 3.9lbs. Not to mention all the larf, 1 full gallon food container. I've been so busy trimming I haven't had time to quadruple check but something just doesn't seem right. That is way too much, over a pound a plant. Not that I'm complaining but just not sure what to think.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  19. Did you check again?

Check out my first grow log:

First ever grow: How do the girls look?

20. #120 Joe_Dirt23, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    Yes. I was way off. My container was 464g not 46.5. I pulled 23.25 oz or 1.45lb. Plus all my larf.

I've been pressing rosin from sugar leaf 2 grows ago. So about 4 month old. It came old really dark but it is really good.

Tonight I turned 1 gram of rosin into e-juice. 1 gram of rosin, .3ml of 99% iso, 5ml of PG double boiled and mixed for 20 min at 150f. I mixed till i felt rhe iso was gone. My squonk mod should arrive Monday. I hope this works. This would be an awesome way to get medicated.

Rosin press 1

Rosin press 2

Next round
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1