1. Win a Cloud Pen 3.0 Vaporizer Bundle Kit! Subscribe to our Youtube for a chance to WIN!
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Dirt's No-Till Soil Adventure

Discussion in 'Organic Growing' started by Joe_Dirt23, Sep 21, 2017.

1. I have not used a silver surfer before. I know it is drastically cheaper than a silver surfer. You pack the basket bowl, but there is also a screen on the female adaptor attached to the Arizer that catches anything that falls. It has a little remote control and a fan with 3 speeds. I would assume the ssv is more quality unit but my Arizer has not let me down in anyway. I would definitely recommend it to some who wants a desktop vape. Although I am in the process of progressing to rosin pressing and dabs. If I can get the rosin pressing figured out than I think that is the way for me. I made some heat plates myself. I spent $25 on eBay for a PID temperature controller and heater elements. I took aluminum plates from work but I local metal supplier would have them for no more than $50. And an electrical box for your PID controller. Then it's just $300 for a 10 ton bench top press from Princess Auto or in the states harbour freight. I'm just waiting on some spare cash to buy the press.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. nice, can you vape rosin?

3. Yes. Dabs is essentially vaping pure THC. Shatter or BHO or rosin are all kinda the same thing. You would need a enail (electrically heated and maintains constant temp)or a blow torch and a dab rig.

• Like Like x 1
  4. idk why i always thought dabbing is combustion, u sure about this? i actually do have the concentrate kit for my ssv i just never used it.
    maybe i should try to make some rosin, i have accumulated quite a bit of herb since i started growing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yes some vapourizers do have a concentrate adaptation but from what I read a proper dab unit will get a better results. You want to heat the nail to just vaporize the dab not combust it. That's where a e nail is useful. You can pinpoint the nail temp. You do not want a red hot nail. Also that's why dab rigs have the banger cap. At the low temp the cover helps the convection and vaporizer the dab If you were just combusting it there would be no need to cap the banger.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Heres's the BHO I just made and the round I did at the beginning g of the summer. . That is another for of dabs. This was all made with leaf trim I collected during harvest. The batch in the silicon container was 4g's.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. that looks like some good shiet :)

this is what i have for my ssv, it has a titanium nail that fits on top of the heating element, the top part comes off to let air in. think i could dab rosin with this?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. I just googled the ideal temp for low temp dabs. It's between 600-700f so mine does not get hot enough. The most mine will do is 470ish. The vapourizers I see advertise a concentrate vape talk about wax. Maybe that requires less heat. I just got a ceramic nail and a blow torch. I heat it up then let it sit 20-30 secs, then hit my dab. One, maybe 2 dabs if your a madman is all it takes. I like my vape but it takes me at least 1/2 hr to an hour to get were I want to be. I find vaping takes too much time. It is a process.

• Like Like x 1
  9. 600-700 doesnt sound like vaping. THC vaporizes between 365f-410f, why would you need such high temps for dabs? im not doubting what you said just curious cause i quite smoking 5 years ago so i dont want to inhale anything if its combusted.

10. All good buddy. I don't know the exact science of it. I just know you don't want to combust the dab you want to vape it. Watch this video. The dab boils and then vapes. Nothing burns. There is no black carcinogens. To me it looks like it is vaporizing not burning.

• Like Like x 1
  11. holy crap how do people take such huge hit, my goodness lol.

• Like Like x 2
  12. whats that device? is that a dab vaporizer thingamajig?

13. That's an enail (the metal element) on a quartz banger( also called a nail/ a bowl for dabs). That was a one gram dab, way to excessive. I would only do .2, not a gram.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I prefer the solvent free rosin dabs there is just more natural flavors.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Maybe I'm old school but I just love my bubble hash. Haha awesome garden Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I vape shatter and rosin througb my volcano. You get a wire pad with it for wax and liquids. It works a treat and tasted or caramel when its vaped. I vape it 440f but when i vape flower i do it at 380f. The higher temp just seems to work better on concentrates. I also have a dabbie e nail thing and although it only goes to about 580f it is defo combusting when it does.

• Like Like x 2
  17. have you tried shatter at 380? been reading a bit , seems most of the harmfull substances (benzene etc.) start to get released at 400 and above.

18. Yeah i have mate. I vape mainly at 380 for that reason but with the shatter it just doesnt seem to give off much vapour at that temp. I like to see my vapour in the balloon at least. This may be wrong but im sure i read somewhere that once the thc is extracted with butane it actually increases its boiling temp. Im no scientist and have no way of finding out if that is true but from my own visual / vaping experience there is visibly less vapour when vaping shatter at 380f.

19. i see, but maybe rosin would vape at 380?

20. I use a quarts dab rig its tastes way better at a lower temp went I do rosin,bho. Or qwiso

• Like Like x 2

Grasscity Deals Near You