Joe Dirt's No-Till Soil Adventure

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Joe_Dirt23, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. I need to step my game up I’ve never had that much frost on my fan leaves before good work man

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks brother! It starts with great genetics and I'm lucky enough to have found Green Beaver Genetics, local to me but I'm pretty sure they ship everywhere. They can be contacted on instagram and Facebook. The Lv420 is a DJ short blueberry female x Chemdawg 91. I have another strain, Astro Beaver, cracked and ready to sex for the next round. Peace!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  4. I was just getting ready to put a order in for some seeds guess I’ll have to go check them out thanks man

• Like Like x 2
  5. It's day 49 and the Strawberry Cake is foxtailing like crazy. I had this issue before with it so I'm going to have to drop that strain. The bud is great, but the bud formation and structure is the shits. Both strains are frosting up nicely but the Lv420 is th clear winner. 2 more weeks to go.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Day 55 of 12/12. Lv420 absolutely covered in trichomes.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. It day 64 of 12/12, almost the end of this round. Not much else to say, just been giving them water. The Lv420 is by far my best strain to date. It's nice to finally get an actual grow of it, instead of just tester subjects.

8. Strawberry Cake day 65 12/12[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Looking good man . I love ur pics . Always look so healthy . I’ve only subbed 2 grow journals. This one and Prepper420s . Both u guys got it going on. I always want to do my own journal but I get too caught up in reading others . Anyway looks amazing . Here a pic of my latest . MED MAN X JACK SKELETON F2 [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

NY Sour D
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. Thanks man! Appreciate the love! Lol. Those buds are so frosty my phone iced over, had to put on gloves just to type this! ️☃️

And you should start your own journal!! Post a link in my thread if you do!

Freedom in Sustainable Gardening

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks brother!!!! I appreciate the kind words. Growing is a newly discovered passion of mine.

Prepper420 is a favorite of mine as well. He is always dropping knowledge, and I have learnt a lot from him. Plus his garden is always on point.

Clearly you know what you are doing because those flowers look stellar! They're just coated in trichomes. Are you doing no till?

• Like Like x 1
  12. So since the Strawberry Cake is getting dropped, I'm left with one strain. That just won't cut it because I need a little variety. So I have 1 Astro beaver currently popped to have it sexed out. Well I'm popping more Astro Beaver and 2 other strains. Chem la Luna and a tester strain. Full force for the Green Beaver Genetics. I'm popping 3 of each hoping to find 1 female of each. I would like to pop all 15 of each strain but I have very limited room. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Astro Beaver is such a wild name! Lol. Any idea on the parentage?

I feel your pain!! . To many choices and not enough room. Decided this morning to phase out Pineapple Krunk, might get rid of another cultivar too. Still on the fence...

• Like Like x 1
  14. It's an TGA Astroboy cross. I'm hoping for a strong watermelon smell. I like the sweet/fruity smells in my bud.

I would love to properly pheno hunt. I think all my small veg tent can handle is 3 mothers maybe 4 in 1g pots. I still need space in my veg tent for cloning and growing out the next round. I'm a full time dad growing part time in a tent in his "workshop"/corner room beside the furnace and laundry, lol. How I would love proper space to pop lots of beans and select the best of the best. Maybe one day when I'm older and have more time and space. Lucky I found GBG with strong genetics.[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. I too love the fruity flavors of bud the best. My wife loves pine flavors. So I’ve been cycling in a few that might fit the bill for her.

Kids are difficult for work around. My 8yr old son just moved in with me about 2 months ago. Been tough to do everything I need to do for a full time grow and appear to not do anything at all. To him I just do things on my phone for work and read or play PS4 for fun.

Try to hide all things weed from him from him now that he’s living and going to public school with me. Teachers and cops are so nosey all over something that has never hurt anyone.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I hear you brotha! Mine are 4 and 5 so it's easier to keep things hidden from them. I imagine by 8 years old it will be near impossible. I agree, we are not doing anything wrong. Ironically I feel it has made me a better person. I feel I now have a better perspective on life, the earth and how we live, and on myself and my "neighbor". When I say "it" I don't mean cannabis but I mean growing via living soil.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I would say growing cannabis has changed me a lot over the years into a better person. No-till of course gives an even better connection/understanding with nature. Starting to grow weed is what lead to growing everything else for me.

Freedom in Sustainable Gardening

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Yes I’m in no till. I run 20s and 30s . Been using the same soil for about 2 years now . I break up the pots every 4 or 5 runs . They get too compacted . I add more pumice and perlite . Sometimes I add in rice hulls .

I’ve been growing for just over 2 years . Did my first run on bottled nutes . Didn’t know anything about no till. I had a friend compare his no till bud to mine . We grew the same genetics . From the same mother plant . His was much much better in every way than mine . That’s what got me into no till .

• Like Like x 2
  19. Haha thats tight i also have a 4 year old and 5 year old, both girls. Me and their mom have them 50/50.

Difference with me tho is my kids hang out with me in the grow room lol. They help me check for light leaks in my tents haha, they do up the zipper while i sit inside and check. They are very good about not saying anyrhing to anyone including their mom. Im super open about cannibus because its such a good thing. Good for your mind body and soul. Everybody knows i smoke but noone knows i grow cept for my kiddos.

My older kid helps me hang lights, water, and i answer every question she has. Call it bonding :)

• Like Like x 5
  20. #240 Joe_Dirt23, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    Hey brother sorry it took so long to respond. Life took a turn and I have not participated in any forums for months. I just popped in today, and still not sure if I want to get back into it. That's awesome you can spend time with your kids in your garden.

I spend garden time with my kids outside in our vegetable garden. These year we did pumpkins for Halloween.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1