Joe Dirt's No-Till Soil Adventure

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Joe_Dirt23, Sep 21, 2017.

1. You mind sharing your settings with us Joe?

That stuff looks prime time !

• Like Like x 1
  2. No problem buddy. I will try to take more photos next time. So I made a pre press and I found with my 4x4 plates around 10 grams is around an ideal amount. I pre press it with my hydraulic press but just enough till the gauge moves. The I release it right away. I found pressing it too much was detramentale to the final press. I want it pressed just enough so it holds it shape and doesn't come apart when being handled.
    I am super cheap so I do not want to buy bags, they are expensive. I use no bag or filter. I started by using coffee filters cut to size but I quickly abandoned that. I might have to toothpick a couple specs out before I collect it, but nothing a would call a problem. I think as long as you have a good pre puck you end up with very little contaminant.
    So I bring my plates up to 220f. I put the puck in one leaf of costco parchment. I then kiss the puck with the hot plate for 30 secs, allowing it to warm up. Then I bring the pressure down. In the beginning I was getting up to 5 tons, but once I moved the pump off the side of the press and onto the ground I'm getting 10 tons now. So after the 30 secs I pump it till I reach 10 tons. I leave it for 2.5 minutes, then pop it out. I let it cool while I do the other presses. Then I come back and pick any specs that might of gotten in which is no more than 2 and require a toothpick to get them out they are so small.
    That's it. I am by no means an expert. If you look at my channel and my first presses of old leaf trim was coming out black, and I was like wtf. It all comes down to the product being pressed I believe. Fire in fire out. I have learnt a lot watching YouTube bubbleman videos. I find him annoying but he does a lot of presses and a person can only learn this with experience I think. So I'm just trying to replicate what he has had success with.
    This video I show the kiss technique. You can hear the puck start to snap crackle and pop! I learnt this from bubbleman vids.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. LV420 Green Beaver Genetics. It has been hanging for 7 days in 65-70% rh. It has a pungent fruity smell. I identify it as grape.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. I did some pressing last night.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. How’s it smoking joe?

6. Real nice. I dropped my temp down to 205f. This is the freshest product I have pressed and my best to date. It's dark because it is all balled up. I will upload so videos and different pics tonight. Lightest color I have gotten yet while pressing. Taste is exquisite.

7. Real nice. I dropped my temp down to 205f. This is the freshest product I have pressed and my best to date. It's dark because it is all balled up. I will upload so videos and different pics tonight. Lightest color I have gotten yet while pressing. Taste is exquisite.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I was wondering about the color cause I figured that was from the fresh harvest.

Super jealous.. enjoy joe!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lv420 is cloning like a champ![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. What up Joe? Another new gadget i see lol. So I was wondering if you could give me a little advice on my blumat system.. I set it up last week and its working fine so far. I was just curious if you mess with the triangles on top of the stakes? I have it set to a pretty slow drip, have you noticed a difference with letting it flow faster?

And also do you know where i can get more flexible tubing? The standard black tubing it comes with is irritating to work with. I believe its 8mm in size?

11. #191 Joe_Dirt23, Jul 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    I'm not sure what you mean by the triangles on top of the stakes. Are you taking about the marks on the dial at the top of the carrot? No I do't go my the markings. I go till a drop sits on the end of the dripper then back 1/8 to 1/4 turn. Mine never comes out faster than a slow drip. I happy with my blue mat systems but I need to iron out a few things to get it working perfectly. I'm going from a reservoir and currently it's not high enough so the pressure changes as the water level drops. I also have 2 drippers per a pot but they could use 3. I'm going for a constant slight moisture. I'm constantly feeling the bottom of my pots and judging and adjusting the drip to what I feel. I'm happy when I feel just the slightest bit of moisture.

As for tubing maybe aquarium tank tubing? A pet store, home depot. You want the tubing to be black though so algae can't live. I have no issues with the black tubing really though.

12. Keep on Keepin on

13. Yea thats what i meant by the triangles. Ive only had mine going for a week and the only issue ive had was this morning I had 1 out of 4 plants wilting from lack of water. But i think it COULD be because i let the res get low before refilling. I use a 5 gallon bucket stacked on another 5 gallon bucket so it sits a couple inches above the smart pots. That black tubing sucks IMO, just hard to work with.

Im ordering the red super flexible tubing from their site. I emailed blumat and they sent me their website to order from.

Www.sustainablevillage.com in case you wanna check it out.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Try to get your bucket as high as you can get it. Also make sure you have a closed loop so each carrot gets the same pressure. Coming out of the bucket use a tee. Go to the first plant, daisy chaining the rest. From the last plant go to back to the other side of the tee.

15. I did the closed loop but instead of the tee I used two hook ups into the res. I didnt even think of the tee lol, would have save me 10$ on another bulkhead fitting.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Tut pressed at 195°f yeilded a buttery, waxy result. Tastes delicious[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. Wooo!! That’s really nice man!!

Freedom in Sustainable Gardening

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thanks bro! The lower temp seems to be the way to go. I was 220°f before.

• Like Like x 1
  19. It's the start of week 3 of flower. I have been using a local company's bacteria inuctlant and humid adic. I seem to be getting betting results this round.i did a foliar feed during veg and the plants really
    responded. I also tested my reservoir PH and it came in at 8 so I have been omitting the potassium silicate and brought it down to 7.5. I seem to notice a response in doing so. The plant seems to be reaching for the light more. The leaves are" praying" more. I know ph should not affect soil but I seem to notice a difference. I get great results if I do maintain the ph and good if I do not. So it seems so far. I will have better conclusive results at the end of the grow.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Are you using the AgSil16H?? That will raise PH sky high! I switched to Grow-Sil (Silica from rice hulls, which I think is better for the environment vs mining Silicate out of the earth.). But I also noticed the Grow-Sil didn’t raise PH at all, if anything it lowers it a touch.

• Like Like x 1