Joe Biden: This is a big f-ing deal!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by E n i g m a, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Joe biden serves absolutely no purpose except comic relief!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MU7Ljz0EDE]YouTube - Biden: Big f-ing deal[/ame]

2. haww haw haw.. Nice vid

3. I can't believe he said that shit lmao
    You can see the smile instantly leave Obama's face when he says it.

4. ahh man i didnt hear it-_-
    i watched it on youtube earlier this is like the 4th time i seen it still didnt hear it

5. it's right at the end, and i had to turn my volume way up.

6. It's right before Obama pats him on the back and says thank you.

7. lol, we need to mic biden up more often, we could make a fortune on reality television...

it can be like BUSHisms but with BIDEN

8. Funny, that's what Republicans have been saying have been saying for the past year while the Democrats have been "ramming that bill down your throats." Maybe not exact words, but that's the gist I got from all of it.

BTW, what's the big fucking deal about publicly saying fuck? Sit down and think about tonight. Make it family discussion.

9. Well, fuck, it's not like there's something wrong with saying the word. It's just that because people in the media, especially politicians, are so concerned about their wholesome, family-friendly image that you rarely here them say expletives... I guess it's just funny because you wouldn't expect Biden to say something so... normal?

10. The right has been all over this as if it's a big deal (;)). I don't even like Biden and I couldn't give a damn about it. It was just a nice distraction for them to take their mind off of their failure to stop Obama.

I suppose they have forgotten about this, though.
    [​IMG]

11. The right hasn't been "all over" this is a hostile way, everyone is having a good laugh. Because it's funny, just like when Dick Cheney told someone to fuck themselves on the floor of the Senate.

Frankly Joe Biden and his gaffes are about the only thing getting me through Obama's only term.

12. I expect nothing less from Joe Biden than his dropping the F-bomb at the signing of the most significant piece of legislation in American History. :wave:

13. That man was Senator Patrick Leahy of Vermont I believe. My favorite part was what Cheney said after wards when questioned; "I felt better after I'd said it."

Personally I think this is so stupid. The amount of people that curse in everyday life is high, and I hate the fact that we as a country label words dirty or wrong which is the ONLY thing that gives them power. If these words were so repulsive to people they wouldn't exist, they would fade out. Idk, I just always hated the notion that certain things shouldn't be said.

14. The best part was that it was a live feed without a 6 second delay, so most networks broadcasted it live.

And what is the FCC going to do, fine every single network that aired a live white house feed for the VICE PRESIDENT dropping the f bomb? LAWL.

15. Biden is so great for lulz & gaffes. He's like Obama's dumb, white, bumbling sidekick. Maybe one of his handlers should explain to him, very very slowly, what a microphone does.

Maybe Biden's been chillin' with Rahm too much & is picking up his legendary potty mouth.

16. This, it's always confused the fuck outta me too. :D

17. Yep, words are bad because society collectively deems them bad. That's why I laugh when people get offended over the infamous 'n' word. My friends and I call each other the 'n' word all the time, and the only reason why it's such a taboo word to this day, is because people won't let it go.

18. Meh... You have the right to say whatever words you please but I think there's a difference between saying 'fuck' and '******': the word ******, unlike fuck, shit, etc., was part of an all-encompassing social view that blacks were subhuman - less human than whites anyways. The effects of that view didn't just magically end with the Civil Rights Bill and in more ways than one is responsible for why blacks still aren't afforded the same footing as whites in this country.

If blacks want to say it that's fine and if you want to say it that's fine too. Still, I think anyone should think about what that word represents - and how it differs from words like 'fuck' - before they add it to their vocabulary.

Edit: oh wow, auto-filter.

19. Yes, but just like any other 'bad' word, it is only given significance because we say it does. The reason it remains taboo is because society says it's taboo.