Jock Horror Auto - Outdoor

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Supacabana, Jul 12, 2012.

1. #1 Supacabana, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2012
    Hey guys,
    I know this is supposed to be an indoor strain but thought I would give them a bash outdoors anyway. Germinated and planted 5 beans about a week and half ago and here they are 9 days later (since sprouting). :hello: Busy growing them on my balcony, where it pretty much gets 8-9hrs of direct sun, and it only gets dark after about 10pm at the moment so they still get another 5-6 hours of indirect light.
    Now I've checked out some other grows using the same seeds, and they all seem a little further along than I am at the moment, is this just because I'm growing outside and therefore not getting 20hrs of light? We have also been getting quite a bit of rain the past 4-5 days so there hasn't been much direct sunshine on them.
    Any comments would be appreciated

Peace,
    Supacab

Attached Files:

• 01.jpg
      01.jpg
      File size:
      179.9 KB
      Views:
    • 02.jpg
      02.jpg
      File size:
      183.5 KB
      Views:
    • 03.jpg
      03.jpg
      File size:
      207 KB
      Views:
    • 04.jpg
      04.jpg
      File size:
      173.7 KB
      Views:
    • 05.jpg
      05.jpg
      File size:
      173.8 KB
      Views:

2. They dont look to bad sofar. But since you got a late start dont expect them to get to big. You really cant compare an outdoor grow to indoors where indoors the enviroment is much more controlled in regards to hours of light and temps.

3. [quote name='"tplat"']

They dont look to bad sofar. But since you got a late start dont expect them to get to big. You really cant compare an outdoor grow to indoors where indoors the enviroment is much more controlled in regards to hours of light and temps.[/quote]

Yeah I hear ya. Would've liked to have planted sooner but having just moved country, we've been so busy sorting out the house etc that I forgot. Looking at investing in a grow tent though, as soon as the mother-in-law has headed back to South Africa. Then it's grow season all year round, lol
    What kind of results could I expect? I'm hoping even just a couple grams off each plant would be great, it's been such a ball ache trying to find a decent herbalist over here, so anything is better than nothing at the moment.

4. Give them the right nutrients and you should get more then a couple of grams.

5. Well they're 2 weeks old on Monday, so gonna start giving them 1/2 strength nitrogen based ferts until I start seeing budding sites starting. Then I'm switching CANNA Terra Flores for the flowering stage.
    Thanks for the feedback, I've been stressing a bit that I was too late in the season and fucked this up completely...

6. No nutes yet, their not ready for them. All the food they need at this stage is stored in the 2 small round leaves and single bladed leaves. If you feed them now you will be doing more harm then good. Even at low doses seedling can be nute fryed easy.

7. Well not to worry, got home this morning to find that my 2 idiot dogs have eaten them :( oh well guess its a sign I need to organize that grow tent.

8. Are you sure it was your dogs? Cause seedlings that size slugs can devour in no time. Did you have slug bait down?

9. [quote name='"jPinkham"']Are you sure it was your dogs? Cause seedlings that size slugs can devour in no time. Did you have slug bait down?[/quote]

Nope it was the dogs. We live on the 3rd floor of an apartment block, so couldn't have been slugs...

10. I had a problem with slugs this yr what is there out there to repel this little slugs...

11. [quote name='"stunnerjoe"']I had a problem with slugs this yr what is there out there to repel this little slugs...[/quote]

Ortho bug geta in the bag, not the box or jug but the bag.I get mine at the feed store and walmart

12. What do u do sprinkle it on the ground or put them on your plants...

13. On the ground

14. When their small like that slugs, snails or other bugs can wipe out baby plants over night. Thats why I always get mine a head start inside. Even it you veg them inside to just 6 inches tall under some daylight CFL`s when you put them outside they will have a much better chance. Before planting them outside take about a week to acclimate them to being outdoors.