Jobs

Discussion in 'General' started by Zedstomper, Apr 16, 2013.

1. I had a job interview at mcdonalds and some how got ignored even though they need people at that place. I've applied to about 10 places in the city and just can't get a interview or a callback.

I just feel stupid apply to fast food place after place.

Anyone else feel this way? Advice?

2. Been there. No advice.

3. Ya

Don't apply for fast food joints

Shit sucks

4. Craigslist Ads

Look in newspapers too

Get word out through your friends, who knows, maybe one of their aunts owns a cafe or their father runs a store.

While you're waiting for resumes, try to get some gardening jobs for local neighbors. Easy money and repeat customers if done right.

5. snagajob.com

6. OP is in the commonwealth apparently, so US ain't gonna work.

7. I just moved down here so sadly i dont know any hook ups like that

I dont understand? I'm on the east coast

8. Oh nevermind ahah, thought your location meant like the British commonwealth, being England, Canada, etc.

9. Labor ready bro look it up its not the best work but its work when u want and theres a lot.of potential hours

10. This.

In my area, it was called Labor Unlimited - when I was in between jobs, and had free days, I would go here at the earliest time possible and find a job. If you do the job well enough, you may get hired for it too!

11. Look for seasonal landscaping jobs for the spring/summer. Last march I worked for a landscaping company on weekends and made $15 an hour going door to door offering aeration. It was shitty, but pretty easy money. They don't really give a shit who they hire either, 80% of the aerator guys were criminals lol