Jobs with no tattoo policy

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by Jcs9MM, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Wasn't sure which section to post this in so move it if you want.

A friend of mine has a full sleeve, hand tats, and knuckles tattooed. Anybody know of any places that wouldn't have a tattoo policy off the top of your head? Trying to help him out.

We all told his dumbass he wouldn't be able to find a job for shit but he went ahead and got em done.

Any help would be appreciated everyone have a good day!

2. tattoo artist

3. professional rapper

4. Why not just tell him to wear gloves all the time?

He has a horrible case of 'eczema' and has to keep them covered up at all times...

Otherwise no idea, sorry...

5. All I could think of is like fast food places, some stores at a mall maybe or a gas station

As far as professionals
    Not sure man
    I'd have to be something that doesn't deal with customer service

6. Any restaurant hell be fine. Retail or any other professional job where your wearin a suit or sports coat.

7. Factory work. Pays well, some places have excellent benefits.

8. What a dumbass

9. Why did he get hand tattoos? I mean, even if you have full sleeves, you can cover them up with a dress shirt. I'm pretty sure that manual labour-type jobs don't care, maybe mining or oil work?

10. Construction? Or a garbage man. I'm pretty sure they get paid decently.

11. I heard garbage truck drivers get paid $20/hour.

Honestly, his mistake were putting them on his hands/knuckles.

12. Either way no tattoo policies are garbage.. How does the way i choose to decorate my body have to do with in any way the way i work? It doesnt! It's 2012 for Christs sake! We can legalize medical marijuana in 15 states but god forbid we let said stoners with tattoo's work! Fuckin hypocritical ass world we live in!

13. [quote name='"LilJ86"']Either way no tattoo policies are garbage.. How does the way i choose to decorate my body have to do with in any way the way i work? It doesnt! It's 2012 for Christs sake! We can legalize medical marijuana in 15 states but god forbid we let said stoners with tattoo's work! Fuckin hypocritical ass world we live in![/quote]

It's not like people don't know beforehand what a detriment getting visible tattoos will be for professional type jobs.

Just as you have the freedom to get them, employers have the freedom to dictate what kind of image their establishment and employees put forward.

Working is not a right.

14. I agree lilJ thats exactly what he says.

But he is a big dummy. We repeatedly told him he fucked himself but he didn't care. It's what he wanted. And now complains about nobody will hire him. Oo the lawls

15. Haha, working isnt a right.. Just sayin im tired of people without ink bitchin about work, or quitting jobs, there are so many of us eager and willing to bust ass but dont get the chance because we enjoy art? Id rather go to a store full of inked employees than a store with half the employees outside smoking cigarettes!

16. [quote name='"LilJ86"']Haha, working isnt a right.. Just sayin im tired of people without ink bitchin about work, or quitting jobs, there are so many of us eager and willing to bust ass but dont get the chance because we enjoy art? Id rather go to a store full of inked employees than a store with half the employees outside smoking cigarettes![/quote]

I agree entirely. However the point still stands: everybody is aware, in this society, that getting visible tattoos can be a detriment to getting a job. If its a surprise to somebody it's only because they're oblivious to how this place works.

You have the personal freedom to get ink. Employers have the personal and business freedom to exclude you from their establishment. There's absolutely no difference between the two, just different opinions

17. Take a step back and think about it for a second before you start spewing shit.
    It's not about him having the tattoos and doing what he wants with his body, it's about the business. If you owned a large luxurious hotel, for example, with famous and wealthy clientele, would you want your front desk employee to be chilling in jean shorts and a t shirt showing off a tatted sleeve? No, you'd want a professional clean cut person to represent the face of your establishment. Would you hurt your company just to hire a single person? No...

18. Def. agree here though

Unemployed 6 months...no more jobs around here

19. no but i sure as shit would fill the kitchen with well educated tattooed people! I completely understand the business point of view, but theres always positions that dont deal with the public.. whats wrong with givin those positions to the tattooed members of society. Im not a snot nosed punk, i understand how business works. Simply stating, and yes its a matter of opinon, but if someone is willing to work and bust ass for some asshole to make money then why not let em. not sayin put me on the front desk, but shit. Perfect example, My wife is a highschool drop out with visible ink and a felony on her record.. Now pulls 40k a year and manages a construction company and does so very well. Ive since gone back and gotten my GED and past with incredibly high scores and still have yet to be able to land a job. Ive tried fast food, constuction, factory.. nothin! Sad day when a man wants to provide for his family and cant but The crack dealer down the street with 24's on his caprice is gettin the link and cash assistance! I wanna work goddamnit!