Jobs that only test you pre-employment

Discussion in 'General' started by omg nipz, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Any of you fine blades have experience with getting a decent job while still being able to toke?

I'm currently working as a manager at a pet store chain, however due to certain circumstances the title is no longer going to be available to me or anyone in all the stores across the U.S.

I'll be reconsidered an associate and be paid the same. So I'm looking for a new full time job. I can pass a pre-employment urinalysis with no problem, hair follicle test could be done but is not ideal. The only problem is obviously random drug screenings will not fly.

If it helps I live in minnesota and I'm 21. What kind of job possibilities do I have that I can live off?

(TLDR: what are good paying careers that do not randomly drug screen employees?)

2. From my experience employers tend to drug test only if they suspect you, such as if you show up to work stoned, cannot speak articulately, cannot remember things, etc.

A lot of them just say that they will drug test but never do since most management, especially in retail and food industry, also smoke. 
    Honestly your best and most safe option is to become self employed. I know a lot of mechanics and "blue collar" industries also smoke MJ but don't really drug test. Not sure if this holds true in MN though.

Also try small, family owned businesses. I've worked only for small businesses and none of them have drug tested me or anyone I know. They make you sign an agreement saying that you can be subject to drug test, but its just another empty threat if they have no "probable cause" so to say.

Most large corporations though will drug test you however if something seems suspicious. You just have to be very secretive about it. I know you probably know all these things already but don't go to NORML meetings, smoke in public places, talk about it to friends, etc. The less people know the better.

It also helps to be:
    -white
    -nerdy looking
    -productive looking member of society
    -nice, outgoing, likeable
    -intelligent looking
    -hard working
    -In other words, someone who would never do MJ as smokers are unjustly portrayed as the opposite as above

Even though it is not fair, many people, especially employers, are prejudiced and do believe first impressions. So for your next job, during your interview, you need to come across as someone who matches the characteristics above.
     hope this helps and good luck

3. I've been pretty open with my employers about weed use, I'm sure they don't realize I'm high as a kite 24/7 but they know I smoke. Get a job with a small family owned company, I've worked in restaurants, mechanics shops and work self employed in construction(self trained but make $50-120/h depending on the job)

4. I'm sorry but "white" makes a difference??
    #1 on the list...

5. Lots of jobs will do the pre-employment drug screen, but most really won't randomly test you unless you're working with heavy machinery or something that could be a liability for them 

6. I'm not a racist but I know many employers and law enforcement are where I live. a lot of them have prejudice against minorities, especially relating to drug use. 

7. Alot of construction jobs don't test as long as you don't break your leg or some shit. What fucks me up is everyone's like "well just don't fuck up" and I'm like "when was the last time you woke up and we're like I'm going to break my leg today"

8. #9 HiddenReality, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2015
    I work in a drug test lab and process ~2,500 UAs a week. Most of the "randoms" are from utility companies, hospitals, nursing school, police departments and other government offices, and DOT employees. I don't think I've seen too many randoms coming from retail or food service companies. Plenty of "post-accidents" from those though. 

9. Many companies that pre-screen only test again IF you put in a workman's comp claim.  This way, if you test positive, they fire you and don;t have to pay the claim.

10. #11 UniqueGrass, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2015
    CVS, most retail places that drug test are only pre employment

11. I'm setting a lot of recommendations for working in the food industry, I'm looking for a job I can pay rent with.