Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Job

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by greengrocer, Nov 17, 2008.

1. i'm in college and i need a job. my parents pay my rent (lucky, yeah) so this job is just for side money. i'd like a job at my local headshop but for some reason i have this idea that they only hire friends. should i approach this place like any other employer?

2. Well then become friends with people who work there.
    Literally, be a regular, i'm not saying blow all your money at the shop but converse with them and if you think they like you enough ask if you can get a job.

Now tell me how ironic it would be if they drug test you there.

3. yeah i just applied to this store called east meets west and its like a total hippy store selling shit such as insence, tie dies, bob marley shirts, zippos and just a shit load of cool shit. i always thought it would be kind of wierd if they drug test me there seeing that the owner is a hippy and shit. haha

4. see heres what you do.... you grab your iPOD, you find some cool music, ya click DOWNLOAD...... next you put it on the radio.....make shure you turn it up REAL LOUD, then check if anybodys lookin at you, trust me, they WILL BE.....then you tell your girlfriend to tell her girlfriend, her girlfriend will tell her girlfriend, then her girlfriend will tell HER girlfriend.......damn..thats alot of girlfriends...but then the people at your favorite Headshop will know you as the dude with sick music...done....i just got you a job......and a lot of girls.... you can thank me later....

- always High -

HINDUKUSH

5. hahahah dude what the hell are you talking about

6. What he said.

7. rofl @ hinukush

Anyway, I wouldnt keep my hopes up, I have a friend whose friend worked at one of the headshops here (theres 2), and he was the only employee besides the owner. He usually got paid in weed because the owner couldn't pay him cash lol. You would definitely have to know someone, becoming a regular is not a bad idea. But unless the shop is highly trafficted and profitable (I have the feeling most local smaller shops are not) they are not going to be hiring very often.

8. Bizzizzaked

9. lol. id approach it just like any other place. maybe go in there and talk up some game like u know ur shit and see what they say. if theyre only gonna hire friends, and ur not a friend, then ur shit out of luck, so either try to be a friend or just ask, won't hurt. as for college jobs though, look for one on campus. there are a ton of jobs on college campuses that involve nothing but sitting and waiting for people to come to u. you may not make big bucks so u'll have too work more hours. maybe if ur sitting doing nothing you'll get some homework done? or u can dick around on a computer? look around. IT dept. always need people. don't be a TA, thats a real job.