job search, any ideas?

Discussion in 'General' started by brymatjen420, Aug 27, 2009.

1. ok so i just quit my job because my boss was a nazi and accused me of stealing
    (i didnt)
    so im going out to look for a job, any ideas?
    something real chill
    im 19 and going to school

2. I'm in pretty much the same situation as you only i've never had an official job before, which pisses me off, cuz i've turned in countless apllications to no outcomes accept only 2 interviews within 2 years of actively searching. Its like why the fuck will nobody hire me haha.

Oh yeah iThizz too and im in the everGREEN state haha

3. I'm in the same boat... Two years of filling out applications, and not a single job to show for it. If I had a job my life would be perfect at the moment. Ugh.

4. Anything, man. Take anything you find because money is money. Dishwashing is a great stoner job and not too hard to find a position for. Just gotta like getting dirty. Hahahaha.

5. Family friends. ASK THEM.

How I've gotten all my jobs, (sweet paying internships) is connections through other people. It's seriously how the world works. Someone you know through someone will always know some company or someone that's hiring, or even a small company that usually doesn't do internships but will hook you up.

Just try it before you knock it. I know the feeling, those bureaucratic bullshit job applications that the megacorporations have you fill out don't do anything, they only select people that will be able to work all hours. Getting a job through someone you know is always the best way.

6. Costco Wholesale Warehouse. They start at $11/hr at least, plus time and a half on Sundays. They drug test upon hiring, but it's a saliva test, so all you have to do is not smoke a day or two before. There's an online application, but it has one of those personality questionnaires. Better take that one sober. Good luck.