job questions (office, administrative, etc)

Discussion in 'General' started by Talon, Jan 21, 2009.

1. ok i am considering switching majors. i dont know to what yet. i was thinking some kind of office job that pays good and where i dont have to break my back. i asked on another forum and they were answering my questions with more questions. they were saying "be more specific." well if i knew enough to be specific i wouldnt be fucking asking these questions.

anyways, if you work in an office, and sit behind a computer, post what kind of job you do. i dont care if you work in a cubicle or what. think along the lines of administrative assistant or some shit.

how long you went to school, if you enjoy it, how the pay is, what your job title is, how often you have to do over time, the stress level.

work with me people, i dont know shit about any of this but i am kind of interested.

2. It depends on the office that you'd be working in. For example, if you are in a doctor's office, your duties might be to answer phones, take appointments, call patients, etc. If you're in a factory office, you might end up doing data entry or human resources stuff. If you're at a travel agency, you would be working with travel software. And so on. Whatever office you end up in, you'll get on the job training for that particular position, so you mainly want to have good computer and organizational skills.

Around here a full time office administrator only makes around $30-40,000K a year, but I'm in a pretty rural area, and those are for positions that don't require a college degree. It would probably be higher in a city and with a college degree.

3. thanks a lot penelope!