Job on a Military Base - will they drug test?

Discussion in 'General' started by qwik1, Apr 28, 2010.

1. I'm thinking of applying for a support job on a military base. Do they normally drug test applicants for these jobs? I'm talking about all the support role type jobs, stuff like working in communications dept., cafeteria, or mailroom, etc. on a military base.

The job listing on USAjobs doesn't mention drug testing. Some other jobs on USAjobs do mention drug testing. Since it's not specifically mentioned in this specific listing, I'm wondering if that definitely means no drug test.

2. They drug test once your hired... They are supposed to do random drug test it depends on your job title. But no one really drug test the civilians but it could be different in some places.

3. depending on the job itself. like if you are working close to military equipment or the like, you may have to. cafeteria job, more than likely no, but its the military. they can do whatever they want.

if you work in the cafeteria you are more than likely going to be hired thru a third party. like the company that does the actual catering, i think most military bases use Sodexo.

but if you are looking for a job thats more directly related to the personel, you might even be subject to a polygraph. thats the kind that pays big money but you better not have anything to hide. cuz that ride dont stop til the driver is done.

4. I was informed by a military friend that the Army hasnt randomly dt'ed in over 4 years because of financial restrictions. Other than that I cant provide much more insight. Good luck though and props for what youre doing

5. Yes they will. If it's army they will be more forgiving if test positive, if it's Maine Corps your fucked.

6. I worked on a military base before. It was a place called navy exchange service command, just a retail store for sailors. They did not drug test me, not even a preemployment drug screen. I smoked joints to work every day(so that when I enter the military base there are no more evidence haha) and itwas pretty chill. I wouldn't do it again though because to be high in a military base is to be in the exact opposite state of mind that everyone else is in and it's a major buzzkill.