Job interview(s)

Discussion in 'General' started by ringleader2012, Aug 2, 2012.

1. I got a call back from sams and walmart after I submitted an online app a few weeks ago.

Sams is hiring me for they're "Cafe" position which I was confused as to when sams started serving coffee and espressos lol.. I guess the "cafe" is the little food stand that serves pizza and hot dogs which should be an easy job since I've already worked a year doing fast food.

My interviews at 2 tomorrow for sams and the job is about 35 mins away and depending on what my hours will be.. the traffic could make it an hours drive easy every day I go to work.

A few questions I had about sams was; Do they drug test, what kind of drug test, where do I take the drug test, will I have to take the test right after the interview, and what does sams pay for the "cafe" employees?

Walmart is hiring me for they're "Electronics" position, I'm a really good salesman and I have no problem with understanding electronics so I figure it would be a great job for me.

My interview with walmart is at 4 tomorrow.. I'm a little worried that the sams interview will take to long or they will require me to take a drug test at a clinic within the next so and so hours and I wont have time to make it and thats why I'm asking if sams drug test right after and if its at a clinic or in the store.. but if anything I can reschedule since the person I talked to on the phone told me I can come in whenever but I told her I would be there at 4.

Walmart is only a 20 min drive and its ALL back roads so thats a definite bonus!

A few questions I had about walmart was; Do they drug test, what kind of drug test, where do I take the drug test, will I have to take the test right after the interview, and what does walmart pay for the "Electronics" employees?

I also just smoked about 3 days ago.. I'll be going to the smoke shop and buying a detox drink that takes about an hour to kick in and 5 hours to wear off so hopefully I can get both job interviews done within that time.. I'm just worrying that I will need to go to a clinic to take the drug test and not in the store.

I really would appreciate any info you can give me.. Also has anyone worked at sams or walmart? Did you like it? how was your experience?... rep to anyone thats helpful :D

2. It's minimum wage at both places and yes it's a UA

Are you gonna pass

3. what state?

4. UA? u mean I'll have to take it at a clinic?

With that detox drink i should.. I've been chugging water all today and I will tmrw morning too

5. Tennessee

6. They do drug test. Pretty sure it's a standard piss test and they will only test you if they are sure they are going to hire you they are going to be interviewing 10+ other people they wouldn't waste money testing them all.. You'll probably have 24/72 hours to take one. It won't be there but they may have you go to a certain clinic. And for both posistions don't expect anything more than $8.50.

7. I would be happy with $8.50.. for now this job is just so I can pay off my car payment and I'll probably only be working at either location for a month or a little more until the weed is COMPLETELY out of my system so I can get an electrical job since I don't want to fail the drug test the first time because I have family that works with the company.

Its gonna cost me $20 for this detox drink.. Do you think I'll even be drug tested after the interviews on that day or I'll just get a call back when I'm for sure gonna be hired and THEN go to the drug test?

8. Idk about sams but some guy on here said Walmart tests but only for the hard stuff, he smoked like 2 days before and passed the test.

9. You shouldn't have to take the test right after the interview. They usually have you schedule it with the clinic, probably sometime within the next few days if they're looking to hire you on right away, but I doubt they'd have you do it the same day.

You scheduled yourself for a job interview with them, they can't expect that you would have taken the rest of the day off as well. Maybe you've gotta pick up your kids from soccer practice or some shit! :p

10. This guy rang me today offering me a job i really want and its literally a 2 minute walk from my house as well but he's interviewing everyone together on the 9th of august at 10am but im going to a festival that day at 8am :/

oh well.. other jobs will come along i hope lol ive been waiting for this weekend for too long not missing this shit now

11. #12 Window Frame, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2012
    I think he got lucky. If its the guy I'm thining about he quit smoking then smoked a day before the DT. Thats not abnormal to pass like that. It takes time for THC to get out of your blood stream and into your urine.

Local walmart definatly tests for weed, got family who work there.

Edit ^ I hate those jobs where they interview all at once. The guy you are talking about might have differant times for each person but I'm talking about ten people in one room for one job. They don't get the time to go into detail with a prospective employee. I had one interview like that for a line cook posistion. I have years of experience and referances from restaurant owners. My competitors for the job were a kid in highschool, and someone who is going to college and can't work Friday's. The college kid got hired because he had seen the TV show where the owners restaurant was featured on Diners, Dives, and Drive-Ins. I guess she wanted someone that could kiss her ass instead of someone that could handle a shit load of tickets.

12. [quote name='"Purp Skurp"']Idk about sams but some guy on here said Walmart tests but only for the hard stuff, he smoked like 2 days before and passed the test.[/quote]

Yeah I saw that guys too.. he might have gotten lucky though so is rather not take the chance

13. [quote name='"Slater 420"']This guy rang me today offering me a job i really want and its literally a 2 minute walk from my house as well but he's interviewing everyone together on the 9th of august at 10am but im going to a festival that day at 8am :/

oh well.. other jobs will come along i hope lol ive been waiting for this weekend for too long not missing this shit now[/quote]

Passing up a killer job for a festival.. I wouldn't do it.