Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Job Drug Testing

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by AnalRipper69, May 11, 2014.

1. I am thinking about applying for a job this summer so I can get a little extra cash for college. One option I was thinking about was applying for Target. However, as far as I know, Target requires that you submit a urine sample and it's been a week since I smoked. Are there home remedies to clear out the system? And I also saw that you can buy drug tests at stores (including Target ironically). Do you guys know of any cheap ones that are reliable? Also, are there other jobs out there that don't drug test that only require a high school education?

2. Just borrow a non-smoker's piss for the DT.

3. Don't they check your pockets before you go in?

4. i just bought a drug test from walmart. It works alright :(

And u need 30+ days for marijuana to come out of ur system. a week wont do nothing..

5. How much was the drug test at Walmart and what is it called?

Like 13 bucks. Just walk up to anyone who works there and tell them to point u where the drug tests are. There usually found in the Pharmacy areas. I forgot whats it called but i know theres like 3 different kinds. Each one being more expensive since they test for more different drugs. Just look for the cheapest one since it only tests for marijuana. There not hard to find and they wont make a big deal for it. 

7. I would recommend someone else's pee. Otherwise there are some rumors about drinking a lot of water. You should Google it.

8. I've heard about drinking a crap ton of water before the test, and I've heard of just drinking a lot of water and peeing a lot to flush the THC out. Since I haven't been smoking heavily (Once on May 3rd, and twice on April 20th), I don't think it will be that hard to flush it. It will just be hard to stay away from it since I'm on break now.

9. Restaurants don't usually drug test

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. #10 123burnthattree, May 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2014
    I just through went this process with Target recently. Place I went told you to empty your pockets and take off my belt. Didn't check that my pockets were empty and they didn't supervise. Drink a good amount of water days before test. Try and go to the place midday so you can pee a couple times before going. Morning pee has higher concentration. Drink soke gatorade while on the way. I peed clear and passed. Foolproof method is substitute just experiment with temperatures. Don't make the day of test your first attempt. The cups do have the thermometer on the side. Working for target isn't bad either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Job UA's are usually pretty easy to cheat as far as dilution. So drinking alot of water will typically work. There is no "flushing weed out of your system" this is because THC goes into your urine and also takes residence in your fat cells. In which case you would have to wait until your metabolism naturally burns it off in order to pee yellow AND clean. But the only people who trip out about dilutions are probation officers and such your employer could probably care less. They just have to report to corporate that they did administer a drug test and there was no evidence of drugs found. Just be sure to drink ALOT!  like to the point where you feel like your bladder is going to explode and then drink some more.

12. I guess I'm getting a little paranoid by this, but I really do want to get a job this summer, and don't want to fail the drug test.

13. Well then don't smoke again till you get a job.  By the time you apply for a job, get an interview, and get hired you will be clean for the drug test.

14. Have you put your application in?

Any fast food joint will hire w/o drug test but they will tell you they WILL RANDOMLY TEST YOU. So, getting a job in fast food and grinding for a few months will prove to the company that you are a hard-worker, good person, and of course help the company make money. (Taco Bell, McDonalds, Burger King, Bojangles)

Grocery and actual retail stores USUALLY drug test since there is so much merchandise coming in and out of the building. (Walmart, Food Lion)

Dollar General on the East Coast doesn't seem to drug test for pre-employment, but they will drug test for promotions to manager.

Lowes in North Carolina does a swab test (if you hadn't smoked in a week you'll be great)

Any security agency (unarmed security) will force you to take a pre-employment UA.

Now, if you don't want air conditioned retail store you can choose to grind at your favorite fast food joint with no UA. 

Honestly, bro, the reason fast food people get paid so low is because they scrape from the bottom of the barrel for many of the workers... Many people have convictions, probation, or kids and need to pay off their debt... These people choose to use drugs and won't give up those drugs for a legit $15/hr job.

I'd suggest cutting out the smoking until you get back to school... Having a cool seasonal job that will hire you right back for vacation breaks (walmart) is a blessing for the college student.

I heard that Staples doesn't drug test. Me and a buddy (who doesn't smoke) are probably going to go job searching. Problem with him is that he think it would be morally wrong to use his urine and he would overcharrge me if I wanted it.

16. So he thinks it morally wrong but wants to CHARGE you for him to piss for you? Are you serious?

• Like Like x 1
  17. He doesn't want to do it period, but if he has to, like, if I'm not clean by then and there's no other option, then yeah, he would, but he'd charge a lot. I could ask some of my other buddies, but I haven't really told anyone else that I smoke, since I usually only smoke in my house and chill out to music.

18. So he will only help you as a last resort but charge you for it? That's still fucked up, bro.

I'm not trying to jump to conclusions but your buddy himself sounds "morally wrong".

Drinking massive amounts of water does not flush THC out of your system..the only thing that does is dilute your urine. This method has been proven to work, but drug testers are aware that clear urine is probably diluted and might make you re-test.

Again, drinking massive amounts of water DOES NOT flush any THC out of your system. You can drink a ton of water today, piss clean (diluted) tomorrow, but your urine will be dirty again in the next day or two. Exercising everyday (sweating) does help clean out your system over time because the THC is stored in fat cells.

For a sure-fire way to pass a drug test, either stop smoking for a month and get your urine clean, or substitute someone else's urine for your own. It can be tricky because the temperature has to be in a certain range, so be careful that it's the right temperature.