Job as a cook?

Discussion in 'General' started by The Nickatina, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Hi, I just recently got a job as a cook and was wondering if anyone on here had experience in that field. I'll be working at a Ruby Tuesdays as a prep cook. Was just wondering how hard this job is and if its possible to work stoned as fuck. Also, does time go by fast? I've had jobs where an hour feels like 10 (retail) or where 10 feels like an hour (restaurant).

2. All kitchens are filled with people who smoke;) and probably one who even sells it lol

3. I can confirm that bro. We all burn constantly at work. The managers will probably be cool but definetly don't assume that. Also prepping is easy and boring and good to do stoned. You will be chopping veggies and cutting meat and standing in the same spot for hours

4. #4 full melt, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2013
    God help you if you're working in a kitchen sobor. In my experiences there was only one guy I ever knew who lived that nightmare and he was dish bitch. Everyone else was consistently high one whatever they could get their hands on to put up with the hours/stress. Myself included.

I've never worked in a chain joint though so it could be different but I doubt it.

5. Yeah all those mexicans do is chop stuff and smoke cigarettes. Seems fairly easy

6. prep cooking and dishwashing are easy stoned even when your just learning

7. ive worked in a few kitchens on the dish washer tip and from my experience, the cooks were all stoners lol.

8. Well ruby tuesdays is a bit different but I can assure you that all your local pizza hut kitchens are filled stoners.:smoking: