Jman1050 saying Hi - How To - Light Bulb Vaporizer - Very Easy and Quick

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by jman1050, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Hi all, new here.

I just finished making mine and I too have the "crust" on the inside of the lightbulb. It shows up on every lightbulb. I'm pretty sure it's safe to just leave in there, since that part doesn't interact with anything anyway (?) I'm not sure, though.

Can anyone confirm that?

2. should i be worried about the stench of the duct tape?

3. I have used mine a few times and I get about the same effect as if I had smoked it. I know I must be doing it wrong.... I keep the heat to it until I start to see some gas get released, am I suppose to keep the heat on it longer? I haven't because I am scared of burning it and I don't want to stink up my room... Could you tell me what i should be looking for after i start heating it? And around how long i should be heating it for?

4. well I hadn't smoked in two years because of job requirement and after seeing this post i broke down and did it. I have wanted to vape but never had a spare 500 for a good one. however seeign this made me want to try so I did and let me say I was blazed quickly. then of course while I was blazed I started to think. I have a desktop lamp that was a lava lamp and desktop lamp, the lave lamp broke and I thoguht it could be refitted to be used muck like an easy bake oven. it worked. it does take it a while to heat up but worked. I use cellphane tape over the holes and it just sits in there waiting for me, I have some pics of it anyone wants to see.

5. i made one last night and used a clear pointy light bulb, im gonna use it tomorrow. i was wondering, could you plug the pen hole with some clay and hold your finger over the carb hole and just burn it like that, and take the clay off real quick to hit it?

6. Best guide ever! Helped me so much.

This should be stickied if it isn't already.

+REP

7. That looks gross and completely unhealthy. Why not just buy a vaporizer? I wouldn't trust a lightbulb. :eek:

8. I actually made one of these yesterday and it worked REALLY well. I was well fucked after one hit. This was definitely the best guide I could find on light bulb vaporizers. Great post :)

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go vape up with my bulb :smoke:

9. Get cheap crystal clear lightbulbs (no need to saltwater).

1. Ply off black tip and use pocketknife to twist out the stuff.
    2. Fold in end of metal opening so you can twist on a coke-bottle cap (it fits perfectly)
    3. You have an airtight water bulb bottle, just make straw-holes and you're set.:smoking:

10. #110 GreenBrown, Sep 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2009
    Are you stupid?
    I can guarantee that no fumes comes off it, even if you try with a torch.

When a lightbulb is ON, it burns warmer than your lighter can, that greenish gray stuff is a temperature resistant sealant. What else should they glue the metal part on with? Seriously!

Ductape gives off fumes, just twist on the bottlecap.

11. Any glass container could be used for this project right? I mean, you could use, like, an eye dropper bottle or anything of that nature (perhaps a beer bottle). I would assume the only problem would be glass thickness (which would probably just mean it would take a little longer to vape your bud), but I'm sure you could find a bottle that has fairly thin walls. That way you don't have to worry about what all they put in light bulbs.

Great post, I love seeing how other people use their brain and creativity to toke up. Keep on tokin'

12. #112 GreenBrown, Sep 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2009
    There is nothing inside clear lightbulbs you need to worry about.
    How old are you? Do you see smoke inside a regular lightbulb when you switch off the light?
    Ofcourse not!
    When a lightbulb is ON, tungsten filament inside is 2500'C, if it came in contact with air, it would be a bright flame burning all the air around it. Obviously it is enclosed in glass filled with a noble gass (that will not burn), and filament is made as a tiny spring so it immediately breaks apart preventing electricity from going through if it is in contact with air.

It's impossible to make anything the lightbulb is made of get to the boilingpoint with a lighter. In other words, nothing to worry about.

Lightbulbs tolerate quick heat changes, and glass is thin so it heats up quick.
    Thick glass dissipates heat, so you would have it over a flame for a...long time.

13. #113 GreenBrown, Sep 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2009
    Two different diameter straws that fit snug into eachother, thinnest is inlet.
    Make small holes on plastic seal under bottlecap, cut straw-ends sharp, and push them through the plastic seal.
    Fill water in lightbulb, have thinnest straw connected to smoke source like another lightbulb, and make sure that it goes under water, not the straw you suck from... Water-lightbulb-bong! :smoking:
    Make several holes on thick straw above water inside lightbulb so you don't suck bubbles.

THINK GREEN :D
    Vaporizer -> waterfilter -> cigarettefilter -> you:
    Air through thin straw to vaporizer -> smoke through thick straw to thin straw to water -> thick straw with a sigarette filter mouthpiece -> clean smoke to you.:yay:

14. Can the lightbulb explode in your face for putting the flame under it?

15. Niceeeeeeeeee :hello:

16. I can say from experience that this does indeed work, and if anything vaporizing your "herb" causes you to in fact conserve more weed!

If your into smoking whats left, I recommend doing so (or save the vaped bud for oil or butter or whatever your preference) then this is probably the best, inexpensive way to get ripppped and save money!

+rep for Thomas Edison

17. haha this is awesome Ive been making vapes this same way for years.

Don't let yourself forget how hot everything gets after you hit it though I've burnt myself on the bulb and lighter pretty bad before

18. Not because of the flame, if it blew up because of temperature change, then all lights would explode when turned on.

I managed to break one... I was about to vaporize some tea from a teabag in one lightbulb connected to a water-bulb, the one with warm water blew up when I held it with my right hand, and sucked air while blocking the straw to the vaporizing one to test if it was an airtight connection, then POOF! I got a small cut on the base of my thumb, and glass all over floor. :eek:

Wear a glove, and smoke above a bucket, or just lift the bulb with the straws, or something else.

19. But can it blow up from just lighting it? Like if your going to vape and you start lighting the bulb is it possible that it can explode?

20. I answer one more time: No!

To be 100% safe:
    Have water or some fire-extinguisher nearby.
    Wear sunglasses and gloves.
    Don't hold the glass part of the bulb with your hands, hold metal part.
    Hold over a candle-light, which is standing on top of a plate on top of a table.

Now, if it shatters, which is highly unlikely, it will just fall down on the plate.
    If it explodes, you should stop putting explosives into the bulb, it's not good for you.:D