JJs at it again!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by JimmyJackson, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Here is a picture I took just now when I realized I hadn't updated this week. My AK47xNorthernLights cross is the giant in the middle taking over the tent and raping the OGs for light. I'll probably go get some center blocks to put under the OGs to make a more even light spread if they don't stretch more in the next week.

DAY 27 Since 12/12

Attached Files:

2. #62 Suzaka2011, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2012
    Ah yes space is always an issue... well then 600 would be sweet, serious light intensity for those nine sq ft like 66w per sq ft better than a thousand in a 4x4!!! Plants should eat it up.
    whats your thought on solo t5's for supplemental lighting? With my 4x4 once i get two more t5's im daisy chaining them on all walls but the door, just below the canopy. I love these for supplemental, so little heat, and effective.

Oh yea, wanted to add this see what you thought, i will be sticking with the 400 plus supplemental, unless this starts being made in 600. Look at the additional info for the spectral analysis. Credit for finding that goes to LumperDawgz, so shout out...:wave:

Suzaka

3. I love T5s but I have not used them for supplemental lighting yet. Ive used them in veg and for cloning with great results, maybe I'll get some new bulbs with the right spec to run while flowering after this harvest.

4. yea i was surprised when i put the one i currently have in for side lighting and the closer leaves showed their reaction by opening up right towards the t5 more than the hps! Guess my light penetration was really low on the outer edges of my tent. So this experience has led me to my current use of supplemental t5's on my walls.

Suzaka

5. My lighting diminishes around the edges of my room as well. It's fucking annoying but I'm hoping the 600 will help because its perfect for a 4x4 so that means it'll be more than perfect for a 3x3.

6. Definitely agreed, im excited for ya, and for produce to come :D

7. I'm planning pretty much the same thing. When I can afford a 400w MH I'm going move the T8s to the flowering closet for supplemental. What temp bulbs are you going to use?

8. [quote name='"Suzaka2011"']yea i was surprised when i put the one i currently have in for side lighting and the closer leaves showed their reaction by opening up right towards the t5 more than the hps! Guess my light penetration was really low on the outer edges of my tent. So this experience has led me to my current use of supplemental t5's on my walls.

Suzaka[/quote]

Sucks about those cmh bulbs not working with digital ballasts. :/

Blue light has the curious effect of making the plants bend towards it more than red light does. Crazy right?

Yo man than ak-nl plant is ridiculous,haha. Its big as shit, how long did u vegg her?

9. Haha yeah man my girlfriend was laughing about it earlier next to the OGs when I pulled them all out.

I took 6 clones off my AK47xNL earlier today, I'm hoping she's a good yielder and by the looks of things she will be.

10. That is useful interesting information, you tickled my intellect bone :D

Suzaka

11. With the bulb i have selected the spectrum that it puts out is fairly wide. (this one) So im not quite sure of my decision, going to decide off results later.

However when purchased i am going with blue light, maybe one red. Sorry if this doesnt help much but i guess it all depends on what your going for :cool:

Suzaka

12. Speaking of lights, I've purchased the 600 and I'm ready to see some weight. Installed it tonight. I may lend my 400 to my friend to get his grow started up. I'm a good guy.

ATTENTION LURKERS AND PIC SCROLLERS I'VE UPGRADED TO A 600w HPS!

13. Im interested to see how much weight will be put on with that new light! Congrats on the new toy. Hope it does what you want!!
    Let us know how much the heat spiked!!!!! I might need to get me a 600.

14. Thanks, Suzaka. That helped. I was just curious. I plan to use the bulbs in them for now...if and when I get the 600. I'm checking out that link you supplied.
    Congrats on the 600, JJ! :hello::hello::hello:

15. My temps only went up about 2 degrees and I'll let you know if they go up any more today.

16. Cool man. Howd that first day look.

17. #77 JimmyJackson, Jan 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2012
    I could immediately see the difference, the growth took off like a fucking jet.

18. Hell yeah. Did u get a quality bulb too

19. I got the Sunleaves OptiLUME 600 watt HPS, it wasn't the most expensive though. I'll probably switch my bulbs out after each grow or two to keep them fresh.

20. I just got an eye bulb... well worth the price if u ask me