Jiu-Jitsu

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by HARBOR, Aug 9, 2014.

1. I'm curious to know how many people on this forum are actively training at a Brazlian Jiu Jitsu school. I've noticed that a lot of the guys at my school smoke pretty frequently, especially before sparring. 

If you have been training, how long and where? 

2. I train BJJ and Muay Thai. Have been for about 4 years. Being high during BJJ is fun as fuck, Muay Thai not so much. Getting punched in the nose will kill your high.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I've definitely rolled high. I don't really like doing the warm-ups/drills high, but there's a serious benefit to smoking right before sparring. The only downside is that my instructor is very anti-pot, so you have to do it on the low.

4. In highschool I trained in boxing for about a year. Never, MMA. I wanted to but school/work/gettin high got in the way of that lol. 

5. I took it in a college class, so I'm not sure you could call that training, it was only 2 semesters. Easy to pick up if you have wrestling background. I went high many times and enjoyed it, but get extremely drained of energy (can't drive for at least 30 minutes). I'd love to do some more but time doesn't permit that right now.

6. I don't think there is any benefit to training high, but that's just my opinion. I train in Thailand out of a high caliber gym. It's one thing to get stoned and roll for fun, but if you're talking about serious training... the fact that you're inebriated shows how serious you're actually taking it.

7. I always get a boner in the north South position

8. Marijuana muscle bro!! I smoke heavily but do cardio even heavier. I noticed I am able to focus more while rolling if I smoked before hand but that's based on the fact that I've been high Everytime Ive rolled lol. Also gives me an excuse if a I get caught slipping rolling with one the women ;).

Lmfao at kush!!

9. BJJ high = Fun
    Striking High = Not fun

10. OP, are you training at a 10planet jj school?

i trained at 10planet HQ in LA and a lot of people were high during class. Personally, i only smoke before the sparring at the end of the class. I think that being high enhance your " instincts". For example, one time i was in the mount position and was coiling my legs for a armbar and the dude put his arms in his biceps to defend ( like this http://www.99jiujitsuvideos.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/armbar-escape2.jpg ). I immediatly switch to the armbar on the other side, a technique that i almost never do, but when i rolled high i dunno why i saw the oppurtunity immediatly. 

long story short, blazing before sparring is sick :D

11. Blue belt . 4 years. Nd I train with ryan at fittofight.

Doin bjj while high is no fun.

Sent from my SPH-M830 using Grasscity Forum mobile app