Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Jittery

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ravioliwhatsinthedaberoni, May 1, 2016.

1. I don't know why but every now and then when I get high I can't stop myself from shaking. Whether it be my legs or arms I just shiver when I'm not even cold

2. Muscle spasms are an uncommon though not rare side effect of Marijuana. I get them to sometimes, usually the lower the tolerance and higher the dose the more common this becomes.
    Your body regulates your endocannabinoid system by shutting off receptors the more they are activated. The more of a tolerance to marijuana means more of these are partially off or fully closed, so to speak. As a result the intensity of Its effects are buffered by the limited quantity of receptors and the chemicals found in marijuana are half agonists instead of full agonists such as the synthetic stuff out there.
    My theory is that as your tolerance and the potency of the weed your using naturally fluctuate, you can become susceptible to Its stronger effects. Such as muscle spasm, racing heart, confusion, head aches, and nausea.
    Unfortunately medicine isn't allowed to research marijuana all that much so who honestly knows.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Wow thanks, this makes a lot of sense

4. It's also why you can't die from weed. The more thc in your system, the more receptors get turned off and it's why you would need to consume impossible amounts so quickly. Your body puts a cap on what it will take.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Yeah I also heard that you'd die from too much smoke before a fatal thc overdose.

And I sometimes get jittery but it's mainly with sativas and only if it's really potent or topped with some kief. It also happens if I sit in an uncomfortable position (like leaning on my hand too long).