Jimmy Kimmel Addresses Marijuana Legalization At White House Correspondents' Dinner

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Berry, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Jimmy Kimmel Addresses Marijuana Legalization At White House Correspondents' Dinner 2012

2. Would like to rename him: President Scumbaggington

3. Me: Mr president, for marijuana to be classified as a scedual 1 drug it must have no medical value. But we have evidence that shows the federal goverment has been supplying 14 people with marijuana for medical reasons sense the 70's. Would u say thats using marijuana for its medical benefits?

Obama: um.... I believe medical marijuana is something to talk and discuss about.... Yeah....

4. My respect for Jimmy Kimmel just went way up!

Speaking truth to power!

5. Anyone see Obama deep swallow with anxiety when Kimmel brought the issue of the raids up? Obama knows this issue is going to severely hurt him come November. I expect to see the President shift his views to the center just to reclaim some of the youth vote he has lost, however if re-elected we know he will do nothing regarding the Marijuana issue. He's already shown his hand.

6. Kimmel 2012

7. Thing is, he isn't going to get re-elected after allowing theses raids to go on and the passing of NDAA and recently CISPA BOTH of which he said he would VETO. So no, I think he is done as far as being president is concerned.

8. #8 Madian, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2012
    I respect the fact he did that a lot. We should no longer be sheltering these people as if they're right. If you think its dangerous you're wrong why should we pretend you're not.

People who think it makes you crazy and kills brain cells should be humiliated for being idiots. People need to stop enjoying weed quietly be loud tell people you love it and educate them.

9. Out of everything Obama has done as President (Bail-outs, Obamacare, NDAA, Outlawing Protesting, Libya) the crackdown on Marijuana is the most shocking to me.

It does nothing to gain him more support among Republicans, because they will never side with him no matter what he does, and it hurts him among registered Independents and Democrats, who polls show are more progressive minded regarding Marijuana decriminalization and legalization.

It just shows him as a completely bought out politician who is pandering to the corporate interests that fund his re-election effort. That's the only motive I can come up with...Elections have rolled around, and its time to show some love to the Pharmaceutical and other special interests who "donate" money to him...any other motives I may be missing?

And don't tell me Obama has nothing to do with the raids, when he gave Holder and Leonhart their jobs.

10. This is the type of thing that will lead to more understanding about herb and also help focus attention on what is and isn't being done about the problem of prohibition. Glad Kimmel had the balls to call him out....

11. Jimmy kimmel = my hero

12. Did Obama not respond to the question or did the reporter neglect to include the response?

Jimmy's question is included in both text and in the video, awesome. However, where the hell is Obama's response? I've read through the full article like 3 times... it doesn't exist. Instead they just quoted him from the Rolling Stone interview.

13. Go Jimmy. Put him on the spot in front of the people. Number one way to drive home the question and embarrass someone who knows what he is doing is wrong. Only bending to big business and there wants. Time to make a moral choice. What is right and not for greed.

14. [quote name='"PostPavilion"']Did Obama not respond to the question or did the reporter neglect to include the response?

Jimmy's question is included in both text and in the video, awesome. However, where the hell is Obama's response? I've read through the full article like 3 times... it doesn't exist. Instead they just quoted him from the Rolling Stone interview.[/quote]

It wasn't a Q & A, it was more like 5 mins of political stand up so there wasn't the ability to respond. Hopefully though Obama will get put on the spot about it now since the comment is getting some press.

15. Much like Colbert skewering Bush, it will get some attention then back to business as usual for the business of politricks. I wish the concerned voices here could find a way to motivate others to vote and hold politricksters accountable as well as make them truely represent both the will of the people and the common good. As things are there has not been any national attention or discussion, so this can only be a good thing.

16. Ah I see, thanks for clearing it up.

17. Your respect for jimmy kimmel went up? he just classified all people that smoke marijuana as stupid ( voting a week late ) and the funyons joke sounds like it was written by someone who has never smoked before.
    and all you people just keep that shit up.
    Fuck yea obama, shut em down!

18. I didn't feel like he was calling all marijuana smokers stupid. The funyon joke was more of a stab at Obama pointing out that it is a big waste of money and time to go after the marijuana smokers because what are we really hurting, and the voting joke was like a warning to me. He was saying you better pay attention to this issue because yeah marijuana smokers might not be the most overtly active politically but we vote and there are a bunch of us.

19. Yeah thats why CA voters voted NO in 2008

20. Lol, he's a comedian dude, it was a funny joke. Lighten up. ;)