Jimmmyboy's 600w organic grow

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by jimmmyboy, Nov 26, 2012.

1. #1 jimmmyboy, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2012
    This is going to be my first organic grow.
    I've had 2 great grows using the lucas formula, but thought i would give organics a try.

I like the idea of using plain water, and no ph testing.

I've been cooking my soil for about 4 weeks. I used InTheGarden's recipe.

Strains:
    3x Super Lemon Haze
    1 Mk Ultra

I will be using 5 gallon pots from beginning to end.
    I will be making teas with fish hydroslate/kelp/alfalfa/compost/ewc.

I planted the seeds about 5 days ago.

My soil has some mold growing, so I think i'm good to go.

I am going to lst and top.

This grow should be pretty exciting :smoking:

[​IMG]

2. And the fun begins :)

[​IMG]

3. awesome, im also about to do a 600 watt grow with 4 5 gallon pots so im following. i really wanted to do organic but fox farm ocean forest with the full line of fox farm is too alluring for my first grow.. im thinking of doing 2 organic 2 fox farm.. anyways do you have any ventilation in there?

4. That'd be cool, to see how they compare..

I have a 400 cfm inline fan connected to the cooltube, and a oscillating fan in the room, in the left corner.

My temperatures are around 70-80. The light is cool to the touch, which is good.

5. How could organic growing be intimidating for a first time grower? Put together a good soil and feed nothing but water.... how easy is that? Way easier than mixng/measuring nutes, checking pH, ppm etc etc... organics is by far easier than all that noise.

6. oh i know its easier.. but honestly im caught up in the excitement of all that noise hehe. quantity vs quality thats the biggest part the way i see it. and really? you grow weed with no fertilizer? just an organic soil? how could the nutrients in the soil possibly last a full growth cycle? im intrigued

7. even basic miracle gro soils claim to have enough nutes for 6 months.

Who knows if it's true but they at least attempt to say that the soil will hold nutes long enough for a grow

8. i just cant imagine a very large plant thriving 6 months later on old nutrients.. everything ive heard about of says its good for 4 weeks max in the nutrient department lol

9. Hey everyone:wave:

I'll tag along, i'm starting a new grow myself 600 watts, but you should check out where the organic natzis hang out. I also bought a line of nutes General Organics brand. Haven't had a chance to use them. Well killed my first three with a gnat infestation, and a non cycled soil:eek:. Starting fresh now.:D here's the link...
    http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-g...beginners.html

10. Its because they want you to buy more nutes..;)

11. you could put a plant in straight dirt and give it nothing but water. it will survive, it just wont thrive. When you have a healthy organic soil you have a vast network of microbial life that recycles nutrients in your soil and such that helps keep the plant healthy along with mychorrizal fungi. Growing with salt-based chemical fertilizers, your soil has no life. You'd be surprised how long a good compost-based mix can feed a plant.

Subcool says even after a harvest with his nicely made supersoil, it still is at 4000ppm or so. Give your plant and the microbes everything they need and they all work together as mother nature intended.

12. #12 jimmmyboy, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2012
    4 out of 4 seeds are up! :)

exactly.. All I have to do is give an occasional compost tea to feed the microbes :). I think once or twice a month should keep them thriving.

A nicely made soil should last a couple grows no problem,and if
    for some reason it is running low on nutrients, you can always topdress with a mix of compost/ewc/ammendments.

If your plants are showing signs of deficiency, make a tea..
    I am going to be making rabbit manure teas in a couple weeks..

After a grow, you can add some more stuff(ewc/compost/ammendments) to your soil, let it cook and your ready to go.

Look on craigslist for a cheap manure source, and you're golden..
    I plan on making a simple compost bin made out of pallets.
    fill it with manure/leaves/hay/etc..

Once you have some good compost, your plants should be just fine.

Im thinking of starting a vegetable garden outdoors next summer :p

13. Hope we have some girls in here ;)

[​IMG]

14. Subbed will keep an eye on ya :)

15. Subbed in, looking forward to it! I have my first and organic grow started too. Hoping i am successful a bit more for learning and something to enjoy the fruits of my labor haha.

16. They are looking very good. :)