Jimi Hendrix vs Bob Marley

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by darksmoker, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Its to hard to choose.
    I like Hendrix music, but i like Marley music, and his way of life.

Hendrix opened a new door for me so ill choose him.

2. couldnt have said it better myself.

3. I can't choose because I enjoy both styles equally. How can you really compare the two though? They both made completely different styles of music!

Oh, and I keep seeing comments saying that people who wear Bob Marley tees and Hendrix tees don't actually listen to the music. My question is why would you wear a band/artist tee if you don't listen to said band/artist? I wouldn't be rocking anything I didn't listen too.

4. I tune in with Jimi easier, but I also like Bob Marley.

Both were very different musical wise, no doubt. However, both were also very deep in soul and laid timeless messages into their songs.

5. Jimi, hands down.

6. It depends they have both contributed and each have stronger influence on different subjects

Hendrix was never actually that popular to start with back in the day (i watched his bio) but he kept trying and you couldnt deny his skill he has influenced many great musicians like my self:cool:

I dont know anyone who doesnt know who bob marley is and i actually enjoy half his shit im gonna have to say bob marley

7. different people IMO

Bob marley influenced reggae while jimi was straight rock. IDK but i think they both had a big influence in life and music.

But my favorite is jimi lol

8. what does where i live have to do with...anything? why try and bring hate into a thread about 2 of the most peaceful people...ever? i dont know why there are so many dicks on grasscity these days. its a god damned shame.

9. I don't get the comparison. They were both groundbreaking artists, but with diff music and existed and performed at a diff place in time. There are other guitarists and singers that I could see either being compared to...not necessarily Hendrix vs Marley.

10. 2 totally different concepts

Hendrix inspired people to pick up a guitar

Marley inspired people to pick up their lives

11. Pretty ballsy to diss Bob on a website dedicated to weed haha. I believe Bob was so much more influential then Jimi, although Jimi is one of the greatest musicians to ever live. But was one of his songs named song of the century by the BBC? No. But One Love was. Time magazine also named Exodus the album of the 20th century in 1999. Bob was more than a man to some. He was a symbol of an idea. The idea that pure love between all humans would cure the world of all hatred and violence. Jimi never came close to representing anything close to that. Australians continue to burn a flame for Bob in Victoria Park. Cmon...Jimi hasnt got shit on Bob

12. I can't answer this question. Its too difficult for me. Usually these types of polls have one side saying "Guy A rocks, and guy B sucks!" and the other side saying the opposite.

You know how great both guys are when there is little to no criticism of either, and the fans of each get along.

13. I love Bob, but Hendrix hands down.

14. prefer jimmy's music much more.

15. You cannot compare the two

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. I prefer Hendrix, just my opinion though 

17. cant choose

18. Bob Marley, hands down. His music immortal and his image is easily recognizable.

Jimi was more of an artist.

Bob was more of a activist and artist.

Lasting impression on history? Definitely Bob Marley.

19. Obviously Jimi, Marley is good and all but he wasn't a super mortal from an alien planet that rode to earth on a rainbow of love like Jimi was.

damn i didnt even know i posted on here 3 years ago :smoke: