Jimi Hendrix vs Bob Marley

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by darksmoker, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Eazy mothafunkin E is the most innfluencial brotha of all time.

2. I dunno these guys but I can tell people probably like them only because they smoke weed especially since I only see people that smoke weed talk about them.

I bet they're overrated too.

3. Their music was completely different and they were both equally influential. They influenced people in different ways and both touched many people.

I like both of them. I grew up listening to both of them. Two greats that are that different should not be compared.

That's just my opinion though,

4. You don't know Hendrix or marley :( :( :(

5. thats like asking whats better ak47 or white widow.. both are amazing and dude saying bob marley's music sucks is just about the lamest thing you could say...show some respect...at least..

6. Nice troll buddy!

7. Music, Hendrix
    Culture, Marley

8. I dunno, I would say michael jackson is the most influential black guy in the music industry.

9. as a guitar player myself. i can say jimi hendrix was the most creative there ever was/will be :)

love me some bob tho =p

10. i love Eazy but you cannot be serious...

11. ^This.

12. You can't compare Bob and Jimi.
    That's like comparing ice cream to cake.
    You can enjoy both ice cream and cake together and appreciate their different flavours.

13. Do you have any examples of a Marley lyric that is anti-white?

14. Too hard to say.
    Both fuckin' awesome.
    Now I'm gonna fire up a fat reefer and listen to both.:smoke:

15. Hendrix is a rarer talent musically.

Marley has a more powerful and enduring message. It's biblical.

It's like comparing Motzart to Moses. If genius with an instrument is your thing you pick Hendrix. If music that inspires millions of to stand up for the oppressed and impoverished then you go for Marley.

I pick Bob.

16. i dont really care how yall pick, go ahead and compare the 2, pick whichever for whatever reasons. just pick one. you like one or the other better, vote for him! glad to see jimi is winning though. :)

17. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKZ2n--8DP8]Hey Joe Live Winterland, San Francisco, CA, October 12, 1968 - YouTube[/ame]

best version of hey joe ever

18. Why isn't both an option? They were both influential in their own ways and were both generally pretty cool people it seems. I'll come back and vote when there's a "both" option.

19. Hendrix stuff is really easy to play on the guitar. He is not really that great of a player.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv5wtdfq6v0]ANDY JAMES Guitar solo contest. OFFICIAL VIDEO from Blackstar Amps - YouTube[/ame]

This is real guitar playing. So many advanced techniques in a single video I lost count.

20. ouu this is a good thread!

thats very hard to pick between but if i had to id probably go with bob marley