jiffy pellet into 10L pot

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by koolaking, Jan 18, 2011.

1. im gonna leave my seedlings in jiffy pellets for a week or so utill they get going,then i want to put them straight into my 10L pots,will this be ok

2. if you use litres everyone here is gonna be like WAHHH?

us gallons its easier for all of us.

if your starting the seeds in shitty soil for a reason the shock from the new soil may be a little much.

stick to the same soils if you can.

if your using ffof flush the crap out of the soil before you plant it.

3. sorry,im using 1 and a quarter gallon pots and im gonna use canna coco plus

4. Not everybody use gallons, we Europeans use litres lol:rolleyes:

5. #5 Lay Low, Jan 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2011
    We use liters some in the US also, e.g., 2 liter bottles of soda.

Anyways, I personally would not transplant from the pellets into the final pot size. You can definitely do it if you want to without any problems, but I would use at least one more intermediate pot size before going to the final 10L pot. The reason is that a) you will be watering and feeding a lot more than you have to by going directly to the 10L and b) the root system will fill the space better if it first fills a smaller area, then is transplanted to the bigger pot. Plus transplanting is fun imo. :D

edit. Great choice on going with coco btw. I LOVE coco so much!! It's truly amazing stuff.

6. The stress to the plant is minimal if done properly. That isn't a good reason to ignore the benefits that come with transplanting imo. It also depends on your final pot size. 10 L isn't huge so it wouldn't make as much of a difference as with bigger pot sizes. The pots in your grow you have linked are even smaller than 10 liters from the looks of it. Looks like a gallon or so. In that case yeah there isn't much reason to transplant more than once, but if you are going up to 5-10 gallon containers it gets to be pretty impractical to use them from the start for various reasons.

7. By the way four litre soda bottles:D

http://forum.grasscity.com/outdoor-grow-journals/728732-2010-outside-monster-grow.html

8. how long should i leave them in jiffys before i put them in final pots ??

9. As soon you see the roots coming out of the jiffy its time to find a new home for your babys.
    The roots want into the soil because they don't like the light.:wave:

10. thanx a lot,i will keep you up to date how im getting on