Jesus was a myth

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by 5_Assed_Monkey, May 5, 2018.

1. The myth that died for our sins!

lol

2. OOPS! I stand corrected. The apostle Paul was a Pharisee,but we don't know how or why he had Roman citizenship.

3. There are some good debates on this topic, though the ones who don't believe Jesus was a historical figure aren't well regarded my the mainstream academics (not that it matters).

Those nerds cannot agree, i feel it would take an inordinate amount of research for me to confidently say either way.

4. They are all myths every single god or prophet throughout history. The big 3 were for militaristic or societal gain. The rest were for explaining the meaning of life.

Hell they might all be for explaining alien. Interaction who really knows

5. The weird part is ever since we started writing on cave walls. There's always been a higher power, a diety, a sun god or something....that ppl gave admiration to......so maybe, no matter how civilized or technological we need something to admire....or we have gotten smart enough to know the truth or at least part of it...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

6. I don't know if we simply 'need' something to admire, but it seems reasonable to look out and around and assume this was created by an intelligence, the questions then become, what is the 'nature' of that intelligence and what our relationship to it is or could be.