Jesus was a myth

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by 5_Assed_Monkey, May 5, 2018.

1. Jesus was a mythical sun god, brought to life.........and no your not going to hell, there is no such place.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Don't tell me I'm not going to hell! I'm going to hell dammit!!!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Nope

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Care to provide some substance?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Even the pope said there's no hell...and they , the Romans wrote the bible....

6. Myths are often bigger than reality.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. It makes for a way better story, when the truth is told

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. As an atheist I definitely agree but Jesus wasn't real? I thought he was still just a guy claiming something crazy

Sent from my Pixel using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. You don't believe in Christianity but you believe the Pope, the leader of Christianity? Odd

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. The point being the leader of the Catholic faith says there's no hell......

11. I'm more of a kind atheist. I don't need to go around telling people there is no god or Jesus. I just let people believe in those fairly tales if they want to. Don't don't judge me and I don't judge you its easy. Just let be people believe in shit. I find the idea of religion to be stupid and illogical but, I don't get this need my fellow atheist have to go around and, makes me others feel shit. People of religion do the same thing and its no better. Don't tell me about going to hell and I won't tell you why God is a myth.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I said Jesus was a myth. A sun God reincarnated into a man......God may be real. We can prove nor disprove.

13. That's up for you to decide in your personal life. As for the evidence I see I see that there is no God. Now as I stated before this is very subjective and you could probably find evidence towards God if you wanted to. I'm not going to judge you I'm not going to call you dumb if you come to this conclusion after all it is merely a conclusion. Life is but the moment and you should be living it to its fullest whether you believe in God or not. Also being a good person doesn't take believing in any entities as well. Have a wonderful day man.

14. Jesus was just a guy. A stoned guy I think. He talked people listened. His words were stronger than weapons but he wasn't. He was crucified and the common moron was impressed by his fearlessness. Generations later this hippie was gods son and his words responsible for numerous cruelties.
    As bad as being nailed to a cross must be I think the rape his name has endured is much worse

15. What bible did the Romans write?

• Like Like x 1
  16. What Romans? Lol come on man. Read up on the pico flavion dynasty....roman emperors. Constantine was a flavion also....

17. Wow, the ignorance in this thread is palpable.

There's an abundance of historical data that there was a Jesus of Nazareth (though that's his anglicized name, his actual first name translates to Joshua as in Christopher Moore's "Lamb" Even according to Wikipedia there's an overwhelming number of biblical scholars who agree Jesus was a real person.

Now his Divine nature can be argued upon for the rest of eternity.

18. There's no historical proof. Just biblical writings. Who shall we quote? Josephus? Josephus was Titus flavions scribe....his stories of military victory go hand and hand with the bible...

19. Historical proof? What proof do you have that WW1 ever took place? Some writings and some archeological digs? Artifacts/remnants? Stories passed along through the generations?
    The Holy Bible consists of 66 books penned by 40 different individuals over a 5,000 year span. That'a a long time for a bunch of guys who never knew each other to agree on historical record. All non Romans, I believe.
    It's really amazing how people who have never studied into it seem to be the greatest scholars. They're the ones fervently checking their horoscopes.