jesus probably never existed

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by feudalism, Nov 27, 2011.

1. #41 meddlehaze, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2011
    I can't remember off the top of my head. I'm currently in the process of moving to Washington state, all my resources and books are packed, ready to be shipped. I'll take pictures and post em or shoot you a PM when I get the chance. I'm sure you can do some extensive research to find it on your own though.

I have been mistaken, I own Josephus' texts, which you say are forgery. :eek:
    My apologies. Nonetheless, there are other Jewish and secular historians who make mention of Jesus at least once in their writings.

2. Everything I've seen stated that Philo never mentioned Jesus, Christians or anything in the New Testament

3. Read my edit. I was confusing Josephus with Philo :eek:

4. Yeah, the Buddha never existed either. All made up.

5. Things to consider:

If Christians believe Jesus to be "The Son of God" because he was furnished with the Holy Spirit then why do they not consider Adam to be the Son of God as well? Surely they know Adam was furnished with the same life.

6. Adam had sin, (it also says that Adam died, spiritually)
    Jesus did not.

Us, Christians, believe that the Holy Spirit lives in us, yet we are still sinners until the day we physically die.

7. Cavern, it's ridiculous to expect us to watch an hour long video. This thread is worthless if you don't summarize it or something. I'm not wasting my time watching that.

8. Jesus existed, many historian recognize him beyond just in the bible. I don't believe in his magic tricks tho. But he was a guy

9. How come no one ever thinks he was kinda like one of those westboro baptist nuts, yelling nonsense on the street corner? But the people he talked to saw him literally everyday and they just started believing him after awhile? :confused:
    [​IMG]

10. That's exactly how a lot of people looked at Jesus in his time. You know how he ended up? Yeah...

That was wrong though.

11. His "nonsense" was the antithesis of Westboro's. Jesus' message was one of unconditional love and peace. I believe many misinterpreted his message. It was further manipulated and misconstrued by the prevailing church.

Once you read the message that the Buddha spoke, Jesus' teachings draw a beautiful parallel.

12. He may or may not have existed. :)

13. Let us not forget that Jesus was an eastern philosopher. Our western culture has horribly misconstrued His message to appease their own desires and objectives.

14. Christianity has become a religion with a popularly accepted idea of material gratification in return for honoring God and "accepting Jesus as your lord and savior".

Jesus often spoke to his disciples of the insignificance of material things, even clothes and food. He made it very clear that the final reward is a spiritual one--a beautiful communion with the Holy Father.

Unfortunately, there isn't one Baptist minister I've heard that hasn't preached a message of the final paradise having "streets paved with gold" and "beautiful mansions for all believers."

Do people even read the Bible?

15. #57 coalman23, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2011

Once I am presented empirical scientific evidence then I will be happy to acknowledge whatever is being presented to me.

But faith doesn't cut it, why the fuck would i believe in something for no reason, when there's a million other religions out there with just as much "faith" in their truth as any other.

It's like everyone got lottery tickets and for no reason just KNOWS they're going to win.

I know nothing, and I accept this. We know nothing, we have NO PROOF. And the small little dumb attempts at proof are literally retarded.

I have no idea how the fuck any of this got to be, and i will not just stand here and watch everyone sink into ignorance without hurting a couple people's feelings, or offending them.

I am not ignorant, atheism is not ignorant. I have no idea. I don't know shit. So stop telling yourself that you have the truth.

16. Yeah man exactly.
    This world will pass and so will the standards of success and beauty.

I often ask the same question

17. the important part of jesus, to me, was his idea's.

whether or not he was a real human is less important than the message the story of his existence spreads

18. I'm closer to Jesus and God than I am to any man or woman.