jesus probably never existed

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by feudalism, Nov 27, 2011.

1. hurr you sure got me durr

your semantics mean nothing to me. Stop trying to divert attention away from the point of the thread

2. Do it when you get home mang!!

BTW OP the video is great.

3. Sorry, you just should avoid those kinds of hasty generalizations. That's all :)

4. None of this matters , so what if you think "Jesus probably never existed" , There are dozens of Islamic countries WHO DO believe in Jesus Christ the Messiah and are awaiting his return. You dont have to believe in matters that dont concern you...Nahmean

and there are an army of true christians who are waiting for him too

5. KRS would be disappointed

6. Good Ive been disappointed in him for a couple years now

dont mean to offend any one tho

7. It's all good I was just joking haha I don't even know anything about his religious views.

8. #28 Badfish90, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2011
    I don't see what's wrong with acknowledging that fact that a "god" may not exist, yet you hope that there is.

I'm not religious but there is no reason to go about attacking people that are. Frankly, resorting to calling their beliefs as just fairy tales is pretty insulting and immature of you.

No matter your position, you have to see that there is a huge difference between the two.

Isn't the whole point of faith based on the idea of where you cannot use logic or reason?

This goes all the way back to Plato and Socrates.

I think you're confusing the idea of faith. It's not meant to be a substitute of logic.

Honestly, this just doesn't make any sense at all. This goes back to the fact that you're confusing the core concept of faith.

Again, I'm not religious but the points you're trying to make are a little convoluted and ignorant at times.

I'm not atheist and I feel that for a majority of people it tends to be more of a fashion statement than anything else.

I truly believe that the best position to take is agnostic. I say this in a strict non-religion bias. I don't believe in any organized religion but I think it's healthy for someone acknowledge both sides and just be happy with whatever happens to be true.

9. Yeah we can definitely prove Jesus existed with records. The argument isn't if he existed, its if he was holy or not.

10. what records?

11. Flavius Josephus, Philo, The Bible, the Koran, Tacitus, Suetonius, Pliny the younger.

12. I'm not Christian or anything but...

Attached Files:

13. jebus is magic

14. my guess is jesus was some kind of schizophrenic magician.

15. Haha the funny thing is, ive only just realised from this qoute that saying religious people are the only ones who claim certainty is extremely ironic!

16. Dude, you cant just make up names ;)

17. :cool:

18. most likely a forgery

Philo mentions Jesus?

ha

ha

Born decades after the supposed death of jesus

Refers to the Jewish people and 'Chrestus', or 'anointed one'. It is a title, not a name

Born decades after the supposed death of Jesus and talks only about Christians rather than Jesus

19. Most likely? It takes faith to believe that.;)

I own copies of his documents. Yes, he does.
    Okay.

As is the case with most ancient historians.

Okay.

Believe what you want man. I ain't forcin' ya

20. such as