jesus probably never existed

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by feudalism, Nov 27, 2011.

1. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIKFC5GGtD8]The God Who Wasn't There - YouTube[/ame]

2. I'd like to use this to state the obvious, you're reading this.

3. Man if you're gonna religion-troll, you honestly have to use shorter videos. Plus no one really gives a shit about statements that use words like, "probably" when you're having a debate.

Pretty weak start on this one.

4. you know the only people who claim certainty are religious people...

5. Jesus definately did exist. Im atheist but i think he was a real man with solid morals and for that he has my respects

6. So how certain are you that the alleged truths of religion are false?

7. watch the video

I'm not certain in any of them

8. Are you certain that they are false?

9. no, just watch the video guy

10. Are you certain?

11. yeah i am

12. You're religious?

13. I'd just like to say that it doesn't even matter if he did or did not exist.

The fact of the matter is, there is an enormous lack of evidence which supports the claims regarding his powers, or whatever.

PS, I hate it when theists do this whole certainty thing, and then fill in the void which lack of certainty leaves with faith.

You can not have certainty, but does that mean you should believe something just because you can have faith in it?

I can not be certain that you are not a 6 year old girl (and that is much more likely than the fairy tales of theists being true) but that does not mean I should have "faith" in it. Faith is an illogical factor which throws off how people should view evidence, and make speculations.

Choosing one thing and hoping it's true, and then being right, is still much worse than not believing in something when you do not have enough evidence, and being wrong.

14. Those that say he doesn't exist,are those that worship this Kanaal van gorilla199 - YouTube no its not a coincidence. rev 9:11 They had as king over them the angel of the Abyss, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in Greek, Apollyon.

15. lol nah

16. [quote name='"coalman23"']I'd just like to say that it doesn't even matter if he did or did not exist.

The fact of the matter is, there is an enormous lack of evidence which supports the claims regarding his powers, or whatever.

PS, I hate it when theists do this whole certainty thing, and then fill in the void which lack of certainty leaves with faith.

You can not have certainty, but does that mean you should believe something just because you can have faith in it?

I can not be certain that you are not a 6 year old girl (and that is much more likely than the fairy tales of theists being true) but that does not mean I should have "faith" in it. Faith is an illogical factor which throws off how people should view evidence, and make speculations.

Choosing one thing and hoping it's true, and then being right, is still much worse than not believing in something when you do not have enough evidence, and being wrong.[/quote]

Id rep this if i wasnt on my phone.
    The app is lacking

17. I like this movie. I watched it a couple years ago.

People that argue on whether Jesus existed, should also argue on whether Zeus existed. Just to test the logic of their arguments. Peace.

18. #20 meddlehaze, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2011
    I'm not the one who said "only religious people make claims of certainty". The fact of the matter is, everyone does. You just did in the bold and you're not religious. That was a hasty generalization on Cavern's behalf. It really doesn't even matter.

Oh, but you can. A 6 year old girl would not the same developed vernacular I display nor would she have the advanced understanding of theism that I have, this is all assuming you were directing this post towards me :p This argument is weak. Everyone has faith in something, it is not exclusive to a theist...

The way you view evidence and make speculations is exclusive to you. If someone desires to use faith, so be it. Every person is not a logician nor do they need to be.

That's your opinion.

You said it yourself.
    "...the only people who claim certainty are religious people."
    This is claiming certainty, is it not? You must be religious according to your own logic.