Jesus no-name's first grow! (well into it)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Jesus No Name, Mar 27, 2012.

1. #21 Jesus No Name, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2012
    Yeah it's dwc, but I'm using the powdered nutes. My res temps, tbh I haven't been monitoring, but my cab temps are maintained between 75-80*f

2. 75 and 80 for the cab is fine. thats where my room stays and my res sits at like 76-78f. ive heard dwc temps rres must be kept lower than ebb and flow to be safe. you using frozen bottles or anything to keep that down. u can get a cheap aquarium thermometor for a couple bucks at walmart so you can keep a better eye on things if youd like. aslo if you get a new ph. pen in the futute most read temp too.

3. [quote name='"hydromo"']75 and 80 for the cab is fine. thats where my room stays and my res sits at like 76-78f. ive heard dwc temps rres must be kept lower than ebb and flow to be safe. you using frozen bottles or anything to keep that down. u can get a cheap aquarium thermometor for a couple bucks at walmart so you can keep a better eye on things if youd like. aslo if you get a new ph. pen in the futute most read temp too.[/quote]

Cool, thanks for the info!

4. She's beginning to smell.

Attached Files:

5. Is she big enough to top? Is it too late for me to do some lst? What about supercropping?

6. So I just topped my plant, I was wondering how long I should wait, if any time at all, to begin super cropping. I do not want to cause any unneeded stress.

7. #27 Jesus No Name, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2012
    Updated pic 12 days into veg

Attached Files:

8. i usually wait a bit to start supercropping until the multiple tops from topping start to show. ill take a couple pics of one i topped today and one i supercropped today if that helps but i do most of my training when my plants are much smaller

9. your picture skills need some work, but I cant rep you any more... keep those pics rolling and sweet tat

10. Hey bro whays up greay suff so far as you can tell great roots on her,,,, topping the plant generally enduces the lower brances down the plant to grow creating multiple heads i also tip and a later stage when i think i dont want my plant to grow much higher.... when topping usually the plant will tent to get bushy and grow wider rather than up... although it still will grow upwards or cours:hello::hello:

LST in my opinion is extremly important as to fully getting the potential out of your crop and expose all your nodes to the light..... get a netting or some wire and get that plant growing sideways it exposes alot moer light to the plant resulting in alot more bud to yeild.... super croppig im not to familiar with so hopefully you can help me out with that... hope i can help in any way please send respect and comment on my grow would like that

11. [quote name='"hydromo"']i usually wait a bit to start supercropping until the multiple tops from topping start to show. ill take a couple pics of one i topped today and one i supercropped today if that helps but i do most of my training when my plants are much smaller[/quote]

Cool thanks, link me to the pics!

12. [quote name='"Tihspeed"']your picture skills need some work, but I cant rep you any more... keep those pics rolling and sweet tat[/quote]

I've got a Nikon d90 but the pics are way too big to upload here, when I have some time this week I'll take some and scale them down. And thanks!

13. [quote name='"humble gardener"']

Hey bro...[/quote]

Thanks I'll be sure to check out your grow when I get home, most of the time I'm on my iPhone app and I can't search very well.

14. so i brought out the big boy so i could get some quality pics>. here's the rootz

Attached Files:

15. and here she is

Attached Files:

16. running at 500 ppm, but i think shes getting big enough to crank it up to 1000...maybe?

17. maybe go with 750

18. far out bro looking great alot better now... healthy and lush whats ur plan for lst? and budding?

19. Humble, Well I'm only 2.5 weeks into veg so I'm not thinking abt buds yet, once she gets a couple of more inches in her I will lollipop and scrog her. Once my tops split I'll do just a little lst, perhaps bend her to an m shape.

--------------------------------------------------------

Update:
    Just did a res change and boy, was that a pain in The ass. The bigger she gets and the more roots she has the harder it is to maneuver around and get the water drained. Next time around I will definitely do a couple things different as far as making access to my res much easier.

20. Ph is at 6.0 and ppms are at 800