Jesus Myth & Why It Endures

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by davros of skaro, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Nice forum you have here

:watching:

2. Did you have something constructive to offer on the subject of the Jesus Myth, and why it endures?

:confused_2:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nope, not really

I study Mesopotamian history, languages, and mathematical astronomy dating back to Uruk / pre-Uruk times, also maintain a rather large website about those exact topics

I never saw " Jesus " mentioned in any cuneiform texts

Why ?

Because religions spring from astrolatry which was born from pure mathematical astronomy

I do like discussing it, but to be honest most folks can't even handle grade school level math, so really all I could say is that I hope you find some way to end your little arguments once and for all

• Like Like x 1
  4. Why would Jesus be mentioned in any cuneiform text that predated his supposed existence (Uruk/pre-Uruk times)? Maybe I've misunderstood what it is that you're trying to say?

I'm really not sure how math fits into this discussion, but humanity has been debating the existence of "Gods" since the get-go. There will never be an end to this argument, as long as both superstition and historical evidence co-exist as being philosophically relevant...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fair question, let me be more specific

The character of Jesus replaced the " devil " sacrifice of the Levites, which in turn had it's roots in the Canaanite religion

Prior to this, there are no characters like " Jesus " in Mesopotamia who " take on sin "

In Sumer there was the breath of Enlil , " He whose breath we breath in a terrible affliction "

This concept of the breath of God { The " Holy Spirit " } being associated the kings on earth became the norm in Mesopotamia, it appears in Assyrian, Akkadian, and even in the Armana letters from Canaan to Egypt, all predating the Bible

This originally was all based on mathematical astronomy that was part of the design of the garden at Nippur { Which provides the basis for the story of the " garden of Eden " }

Jesus is a fiction cleverly cobbled together from earlier religions / belief systems, it's rather simplistic if you grasp mathematical astronomy

My suggestion would be to start by reading about Newton's investigations into gematria, that's really the best place to start for the layperson

• Like Like x 2
  6. #146 waktoo, May 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
    Nice post!

I couldn't agree with the colored text more!

But is it truly and solely based upon mathematical astronomy, or does Euhemerism have some effect on why humanity still clings to the Abrahamic God/hero mythologies?

7. Well, this is going to sound a bit bizarre, but here goes

Mathematical astronomy and religions in Mesopotamia are intimately connected

The field of mathematical astronomy was developed at the same time that mathematics was being developed, they had what was pretty much a pure base 60 system of mathematics for astronomy, this in turn was what provided the foundation for metrology { measurements }

This is why old temples, houses, cities, etc, were built using converted measurements from astronomical observations

In other words, they would take distances like the aphelion and perihelion distance { furthest and closest } from the Sun to the Earth, and convert this with arbitrarily created units to provide the basis for what they built, how they measured things, etc

So, for example, the walls of the city of Babylon were based on this technique

Metrology in Mesopotamia is a confusing subject even for modern mathematicians because of the lack of understanding

Science , math, commerce, finance, agriculture, etc, were all taught as one topic, as opposed to modern methods of separate subjects

The reason being for this, was that they discovered some mathematical structures that they saw as proof of the origins of the universe and all mankind

The knowledge of this was what spurred everything in Mesopotamia, even the building of the Great Pyramid

This is essentially what Newton became fascinated with { gematria } which has it's roots in Sumer, where they would build buildings that " encoded " the name of the king into the actual measure of the building itself using an alphanumeric transform

This system of ancient mathematics also became the basis for the Pythagoreans, although by the time they became interested, the original mathematical knowledge from Sumer, which was considered sacred, had been fragmented, and it's source was lost

Plato got ahold of a fragment of the system, he wrote about this in his book The Republic

This became a rather infamous puzzle, you can look it up, it's called " Plato's number ", and is one passage:

" Now for divine begettings there is a period comprehended by a perfect number, and for mortal by the first in which augmentations dominating and dominated when they have attained to three distances and four limits of the assimilating and the dissimilating, the waxing and the waning, render all things conversable and commensurable with one another, whereof a basal four-thirds wedded to the pempad yields two harmonies at the third augmentation, the one the product of equal factors taken one hundred times, the other of equal length one way but oblong,-one dimension of a hundred numbers determined by the rational diameters of the pempad lacking one in each case, or of the irrational lacking two; the other dimension of a hundred cubes of the triad. And this entire geometrical number is determinative of this thing, of better and inferior births."

No academics have ever been able to make heads or tails of this passage, although they have tried and been correct about it's " Babylonian " roots in the base 60 system of metrology { Pre-babylonian actually }

What the " entire geometrical number " refers to is a number known as a " triangular figurate "

This figurate is 2701, and it provides the basis for the mathematical value of the first verse of the Torah { designed in Babylon }

There are many numerology websites were you can read about this number 2701 { and gematria }

They, unfortunately, don't understand what they are playing with, but you can at least see what the number looks like in figurate form

This number was one of the mathematical structures the original Sumerian mathematicians had discovered, but it was where they had discovered it, and how they had discovered it that led them to believe it was " sacred "

In the digits of Pi { yes I know the current belief is that Pi was not known past 3.14ish in those times, they're wrong , it was, but the knowledge was lost long ago }

The number, and it's other structures are used for mathematical astronomy that allows calculation of movements in the Three-Body system of the Sun, Earth, and Moon, namely the Saros cycle of eclipses

The Saros calculations were also part of the Antikythera mechanism

So, essentially what they found was a " calculator " of sorts embedded in the digits of Pi, that allowed you to calculate the eclipse cycle

This same number, in conjunction with prime number theory{ nested totient functions } is what let to the construction of the Great Pyramid

All of this mathematical astronomy was also what allowed them to understand gravity long before Newton , as Newton was kind of dense actually { pun intended } and could not even figure out why quadrature uses a circle instead of ellipse

He actually gave up on the problem of gravity for 14 years because of this

Now in Nippur, remnants of this mathematical knowledge are seen in the measure of the Sar { Garden } which was 36 square meters

This in turn was based on the sum of all numbers from 1 to 36 { 666 }

So at some point what they had found was that not only were these structures embedded in the digits of Pi, they were literally a consequence of pure mathematics

This was more or less in their minds mathematical proof of God because math was considered the language of God, so they saw this as God giving them the tools to discover God's existence

All the later mythologies, astrolatry, astrology, religions etc, there were all attempts to explain the discoveries in pure math

Now why do people cling to religion ?

Most folks don't even know where the 86,400 second day comes from

In fact most folks are completely oblivious to the fact that the modern world almost runs on ancient mathematical conventions

What is it they are really clinging to if they aren't even right about the basis of what they believe ?

My interest is really more in pure mathematical forensics, which requires me wading through all the other convoluted topics

Religion isn't my bag

8. it endures because it is nice to believe in and sounds good on the surface yet offers no real advice or change.

9. Maybe the truth of it all is something truly crazy

Idk man, ...seen some , know what I mean ?

Maybe Jesus is some undead holographic pot smoking interdimensional mathematician lizard-god who really does rule the universe and the discovery and subsequent proof thereof is really just a consequence of time and the natural evolution of mathematics in such a way that is only provable by Jesus himself, and even the very proof completely nullifies the fact it's a heavily edited book

maybe everybody is wrong at once { pretty much }

If you think about the fact that there are literally 40,000ish different sects of Christianity alone, then factor in the rest of the beliefs in the world, logically you could assume that if they are all different, they are all wrong, except a few or one { Because everybody can't have different beliefs and all be right about 100% of everything they claim at the same time }

There are too many holes in the logic people use to think about all of it, and truthfully what I know about the Bible as a mathematician,.... is just too strange to ignore

I discovered what Newton himself wasn't able to discover { about the Bible and the math / astronomy inside of it } and I can say at the very least it encodes some incredibly complex information, just in the first seven words, all of which seem to undermine everything everybody knows about the book, including rabbis, rabid fundamental Christians , atheists, , Buddhists , ....even mimes

It's not strange that it's pure mathematical astronomy, because even modern academics acknowledge that Sumerian and Babylonian were highly adept with those very topics, ....

.....it's strange that it is based on some structure in the digits of Pi { when that isn't supposed to even be possible ]

Keep in mind that pretty much everybody from like Newton to the some of the earliest Greek mathematicians were completely ignorant of earlier discoveries of the Sumerians, only knowing them from fragmented systems passed down through different periods of rule in Mesopotamia, and that the existence of the Sumerian civilization is a very new thing, relatively in human history, at least as far as what I have learned

It really is a strange book

:confused_2: