Jesus FReaks, what do u think of my simple reasoning?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by potblower, Jan 27, 2010.

1. so someone like me wont get in the club right? where do i go when i die? ur denying the truths of life and death and ur bargining for ur "soul" to get entered in the pearly gates (like u seen em before) of heaven, why not just get into heaven now if its so great, do us people that live in reality a favor

i lol whenever i see these "perfect" people (pastors or whatever there called) on the news talking about touching 5 year old boys and shit

all people need to take a keen interest in the history of life, not just human life, but life of this earth, of the science behind it, of the fact and not what u think, and they need to sequence it to make sense, of course people 2000 years ago see a huge flood or a natural disator such as a volcano, there goin think that a "god" which is really the earth is punishing them or that it means something for above, but we know today that the earth goes through these cycles b/c of certain changes whether it involves techtonic plates or atmospheric pressures or whatever, i know iam not goin to change a religious persons mind, there not capable of change, which is sad b/c thats how life works

but i dont wanna sit here and continue to bash religious people, there confused and as lost as can be, even though they think there enlightened which i find humorous, the bible does have good lessons that people have passed on through the years, but anyone can go through those kind of lessons in life and write about it, imagine if u wrote a book right now about ur life and it was passed on for 2 thousand years and people still lived generally the same, they would look at the book and say hey he went through these same sort of things in life so it must apply to us as well

if u really want to be enlightened pick up a math, biology, chemistry, etc class and start there

2. and if ur so damn spiritual and perfect WHAT THE FUCK are u doin on a pot webboard anit that agaist ur religion, i think we've all completly looked over that fact, ur tellin me gods up there smoking a blunt? :confused::eek::rolleyes:

3. I think that's completely irrelevant. I don't think the Bible ever says anything about pot being bad, and a lot of people think that the leaf that heals the nation in Revelations is pot. Also, belief in God doesn't mean you can or can not smoke, that'd be a religion telling you what to do.

I think that people who smoke are usually more enlightened, one way or another, so don't bash on that. Everyone should smoke this herb, and if not listening to your pastor is they way to do that, so be it.

4. so someone like me wont get in the club right? where do i go when i die? ur denying the truths of life and death and ur bargining for ur "soul" to get entered in the pearly gates (like u seen em before) of heaven, why not just get into heaven now if its so great, do us people that live in reality a favor

Because I'm suppossed to use this life to try and help/save as many people as possible. All you have is this life. Since I know I have more, I try to make your life easier/better/happier cause once it's over you won't be. I don' leave now because my work isn't finished.

i lol whenever i see these "perfect" people (pastors or whatever there called) on the news talking about touching 5 year old boys and shit

The same could be said about any group of people withmistakes. Judging muslims by the extremists, or the military by those who throw animals off cliffs. The point is you a generalizing a massive group of people. Yes they messed up. Yes they were suppossed to be held to a higher standard. But it is not our place to condemn. And you cannot judge Christianity as a whole by the actions of a few.

but i dont wanna sit here and continue to bash religious people, there confused and as lost as can be, even though they think there enlightened which i find humorous, the bible does have good lessons that people have passed on through the years, but anyone can go through those kind of lessons in life and write about it, imagine if u wrote a book right now about ur life and it was passed on for 2 thousand years and people still lived generally the same, they would look at the book and say hey he went through these same sort of things in life so it must apply to us as well

Well, I highly doubt anyone could write a book right now, just about their life, and have it be relavant/ read in 2000 years. While I believe that the Bible is God-protected, I realize that lacking a belief in God it's hard to rationalize that. However, I can tell you that God reveals himself through many more places then the Bible. How can you look at the world and not see him... Hold out your arms straight, and your body even forms a cross. Everything in the world is proof. To me.

if u really want to be enlightened pick up a math, biology, chemistry, etc class and start there[/QUOTE]

That's just knowledge. Not enlightenment. Keep in mind that It really all boils down to love. First for God, (three in one) Then for others. Lastly for yourself. (More about respect for your body then self infatuation.)

1st Corinthians 13
    1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,[b] but have not love, I gain nothing.

5. I'm not sure how ignoring your pastor would help you smoke? And I must agree, because I often feel God's touch more when I smoke, and I find my ability to understand and interpret scripture to my life vastly increases. Smoking Weed for Jesus! Don't allow the government to control your life, and Don't allow orginized religion to control your search for Truth. Because if you are honestly searching for it, He will reveal it. whether your attending church or not.

6. And believe me... I am so far from perfect it is scary... but I don't think God cares about a little smoking. I feel like he's much more worried about your intentions of the heart.

7. Religion tends to be an individualistic thing yes. And at the individual level, it can help someone find peace and harmony in the most turbulent of times, especially times like now. What is so wrong about that? Nothing at all. The problem comes when religion goes from an individualistic thing to a societal thing in which ideas are imposed on one another. The religious people who do not impose their ideals on anyone or calls anyone wrong won't care whatever technology brings because they hold on to what they believe in without chastising or persecuting those who hold ideals different from their own. Obviously the ones that would care are the ones that ignorantly try to impose their ideals on others, just like many people who use science for bad reasons.

Religion tends to center around achieving peace with an answer or set of answers. Science tends to center around the quest for answers. Neither is wrong. Both as I said, are genetically inherent in all humans. We want to find the answers, and we want to achieve a state of divine understanding and wisdom of everything we know. One day, hopefully, religion and science will merge. We are getting closer and closer to that day, as theories such as string theory are explaining all existence. "God" is the answer to everything. "God" is the divine knowledge and wisdom that we will all one day achieve. "God" is finally having all the answers. Science is bringing us closer to having the answers, and one day we will discover the "God" within all of us hopefully.

8. This is the kind of attitude that Catholics in the 13th century had on any other types of faith. As I said before, humans are the problem. Not science, not religion. If you don't believe me, watch Southpark season 10 episode 12 and 13 and those episodes geniusly demonstrates that even if religion is eradicated, the real problem of humanity remains.

Season 10

9. iam sorry iam done w/ this argument, u guys are freakin full of the lord (aka bullshit), i regret making this post, may i ask what it is u do for a living since ur trying to save everyone, and please dont tell me u grow pot for a living

look i believe in a higher existence or higher intelligence (chaous theory), just not in the form of a human and not anything even close to being in our "time"

to me the theory (yes its a theory, not me trying to tell u exactly what happened) that makes the most sense is the order and chaous theory, and its goes like this: time is the order, the constant, its always existised , and matter/space is the chaous that changes within order, it cannot be predicted, hence maybe the smartest person who ever lived, einstein, name of spacetime, being interwoven

u wanna talk about seeing things?, look outside the room and pretend u were an bug on a tree, that bug represet you, it lives on the leaf (earth) and all around the leaf are other leaves that have branched out (representing the FACT of evoulution FACT), now all around the tree is other trees that have branched out from order but none are exactly the same, which is chaous at work(small differences that made them unique due to order), all of these trees can represent different galaxies, and u see trees everywhere, do all these bugs know about the other trees, do they even know about us humans? no they dont so how can we know about everything else that is out there? next time ur driving along look at the patterns of different things around u, the way the trees are lined, the way a river flows, the way mountains are formed and ull see order and chaous at work

what makes me hopeful is that when ur looking at the environment we live in, u see all these patterns, but then u all see humans, u see the houses we've made, u see the cars we drive, we have made matter to fit our needs, so that shows u that life forms can become part of chaous theory and survive and even thrive in them, the moon landing in 69' was the first real breakthrough in my mind of humans exploring the outerlimits of our potential, we need to keep moving foward and not get distracted, i know people dont wanna believe they arent the center of everything and that there existence is seemingly unimportant and thats the drving force behind religion, if u guys will believe in the fable stories of the bible why cant u consider a thoery like this to be possible.........

10. Sorry, but our arms made the same shape before crosses were invented. That proves nothing except that it was a smart way to kill somebody. But we don't even know if the Christian cross is the same form of cross that he was crucified on.

11. ^ well of course the problems are human drvin, any idiot can see that, when u drive a car into the wall its not the cars fault its the person driving it

religion is alright, people should be allowed to believe whatever, but what i want to see is fact being told, not make believe, b/c theres not diening the power of religion to sway peoples hearts whether for good or bad, but doesnt that resemlble mind control?

12. u know if i preached (no pun intended) these sort of ideas/theories, etc to a group a religious people id prob. get killed or at least yelled at so what does that tell u? people that only believe one thing are close minded, i dont even wanna think about what they would have done to me 500 yrs ago

13. Hey potblower just read the the first page and skimmed through the rest, But I have to say I believe in an after based on the fact that science can prove that there are other plane's of existence or "dimensions". And as Albert Einstein once said If we could use 100% of our brains we wouldn't need a body anymore because we would be made of pure energy does that sound familiar?(Jesus) Now keep in mind that when you dream you are essentially leaving your body your are unconscious a state of being without you consciousness (who you are), so where does it go you might ask? Well some believe it goes into other plane's or dimensions and that is the true reason we have dreams. And when you are woken up in the middle of an intense dream you feel as if your being pulled back into your body or falling back and you are disoriented when you wake up and you feel tired even though you've had a full night's sleep. And your consciousness is a form of energy, that's just my .02 worth though.

14. Right, but to me it's just one more small point proving what I believe. It's not God couldn't plan ahead:rolleyes: I realize that since I already believe it's easy for me to see proof everywhere. And regardless of whether that was the kind of cross he was nailed to, that is what the symbol is today.

15. You sure do a good job at speaking for a lot of people and putting words in many people's mouths.

16. Right on man:metal:

17. Begs Sacred Yet Worships Profane
    Lose Sight Of The Fact That You're Where It's At Not The Stars, Not The Cross,
    Nor The Moon - this line says it all.....but the rest is worth the read

Taught To Believe From The Onset, Of Heaven And Hell And Between
    The Institution's Retribution - Damnation From On High
    Living And Dying Together Never Did Nothing At All
    Except For The Few Who Got Rich Off Of You
    And The Rest, They Were Herded Like Sheep
    [Chorus]
    Mine Are The Eyes Of God
    And What I See Is Not What Was Meant To Be
    Mine Are The Eyes Of God
    Mine Are The Eyes
    Mine Are The Eyes Of God

Down The Road To Betrayal Of Values They Held To Be True
    An Abberration, Deviation To Get To The Spirit Of Life
    The Whole Goddamn World Is Riding On Words For Thousands Of Years
    It's Just Like The West, To Think It Knows Best
    When Answers Are Subject To Change
    [Chorus]
    They Took What Could Have Been
    And Turned It Upside Down
    They Twisted All Things Seen
    What's Lost Must Now Be Found
    I Got To See It
    Got To Believe It
    I Got To Be There
    I Got To See It
    Got To Believe It
    Given The Power Of Reason Yet Throwing It All To The Wind
    No Solution In Evolution - Only The Blood-Stained Glass
    A Soul Full Of Lies In Contention, Begs Sacred Yet Worships Profane
    Lose Sight Of The Fact That You're Where It's At Not The Stars, Not The Cross,
    Nor The Moon

18. its pointless to argue we too different in thinking, i havent put words into anyones mouth iam just observing what i see and feel and so are you, i have one question though, do u guys believe that god is in the form of a human? if so i find that highly ignorant and downright stupid

19. what if u guys woke up one day and found that science disproved the existence of a god in your beliefs? what if chaous theory was real (check out the science sec.) how would u feel and where would u go and be?

i think ud be lost

20. <quote> Hey potblower just read the the first page and skimmed through the rest, But I have to say I believe in an after based on the fact that science can prove that there are other plane's of existence or "dimensions".</quote>

thanks for proving a point of mine godboy, yes science can prove the existence of other dimesions or planes of existence, its not 100% (some phyics teachers say it is), but there are other "worlds" just like there are other trees in a forest, now lets say u live on one tree, when u die on that tree ur dead, ur body (say ur a bug) doesnt "skip" or fly to another tree, but the other trees still go on, just like right now as i type this a galaxy, a star, a person is dying, but our time still goes on, like i said before people want to believe they are extremly important, the whole existence of everything is about them, ur a part of something, just not everything, i BEEEEGGG u guys to watch chouas theory and think about some of the things said, it will make sense to u i swear, please open ur minds