Jesus FReaks, what do u think of my simple reasoning?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by potblower, Jan 27, 2010.

1. sigh

i don't care, you can believe in santa claus if you want

2. Typical repsonse from an atheist. It humors me how you're all the same.

3. .. indifference to another persons personal beliefs? I'd love it if some fucking Christians could figure that out..

but to expand quickly on the lack of respect.. it has two benefits; first, the anger it inspires further interest in defending their beliefs, which causes the few with any hope of rationality to research them and realize their own ignorance, and second, it's fun.

4. #24 aero18, Jan 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2010
    This is the simplicity of the Christian mind, this is what they consider evidence. They do not understand the concepts of empiricism or logic that should form the basis of understanding.

Logical fallacies whet their tongues and satisfy their assertions.

Let's see if these same Christians would believe that I am God if I tell them that I will be mocked in the future. If I become mocked, they should worship me.

Every single religious argument is shallow and void of higher thinking.

5. they do have a tendency to misinterpret what is considered evidence..

but i think the larger problem is that when presented with contradictory evidence, they immediately assume the evidence they vaguely remember reading outweighs it, and since they only vaguely remember said evidence, have no interest in fact checking it (at least, the scientific evidence. it wouldn't apply as strongly to the above, but things like "evidence" that jesus existed seems to weigh heavy)

6. Actually, a majority of Christians do. My entire family does and my entire extended family does. I went to a Christian school for 10 years, and I never met anyone who did not. I live in a very liberal and progressive part of the country.

Regardless, there are many ways to go about and debase this argument.

I'll do one for now, and if need be, I'll provide further reasons as to why this argument is completely ridiculous.

Was it not the bible that said that the "God is not the author of confusion?" ( 1)1Cor 14:33, KJV 2)Mt 10:30 3)Acts 16:30 4)1Cor 14:8 5)2Pet 3:16 6)2Cor 1:13). I guess speaking figuratively is easily understood by all and is not confusing. That's why you believe that they are figuratively used whereas the majority believe otherwise.

God works in mysterious ways.

7. I think this explains it all.

Ah, I love your religion - for the crazy! Virgin birth, water into wine; it's like Harry Potter, but it causes Genocide and bad folk music.

(About the rapture) Ascent! You're flying now!

I hope I haven't missed the part where the three Chinese guys give perfume to the star baby. It's like the diaries of a madman.
    -Roger Smith

8. Please tell me you're not serious... Almost every Christian I know takes the Bible literally. The only ones who don't are those who are Christians in "title only" (meaning they don't really believe, they just say they do). These are the people who don't want to believe what the Bible says (and more specifically, they don't want to change their lives to match how the Bible says they should live), so they say everything's just a metaphor... That way they can continue on living in their sin, without any remorse.

Jesus also said that 'straight and narrow is the path that leads to righteousness... and FEW are those who find it' in the gospels - and then goes and says that the number of those saved 'will be without number' in Revelation. So which is it Jesus? Are a lot of people going to heaven (as Revelation says) or only a few (as the gospels say)???

Jesus also said that he's God the Father in the flesh (In John, when he said 'before Abraham was, I AM' - with 'I AM' being the same 'I AM' that Jehovah uses in Exodus when talking to Moses in the burning bush), then goes and says that he doesn't know the exact hour of the end - but ONLY THE FATHER does... Well Jesus, are you the Father or not?

To see how I have successfully used the Bible to disprove itself... Read this:

http://forum.grasscity.com/spirituality-philosophy/169767-christian-agnostic-14.html#post1982371

9. The person you are addressing does not speak on behave of anyone other then themself.

Let's not arrive at fatuous conclusions.

10. #30 Stoli, Jan 29, 2010
    That's the terribly ironic thing about most theistic criticisms of atheism; they seem to consider us a cohesive group with established unity, doctrine, hierarchy, laws, or representatives, when by the very definition of the word, such things are impossible, proving the theist doesn't even know the definition of atheism.

I guess that's only ironic the first time; depressing as hell the second.

11. #31 Mr. Mojorising, Jan 29, 2010
    It would seem even religious folks have some atheist in them because they want to believe in there own religion and disregard all others. This is exactly why the death toll from religion is enormous and growing each day as we fight World War III with radical zealots.

With all due respect its time to move past these primitive philosophizes and take responsibility for ourselves.

Religion is not compatible with technology as people with extreme mythological agendas can not be trusted with unchecked technology as they are likely to attach others in defense of there religion. They blindly believe they are correct and all others are wrong and that God is on there side So they are willing to kill or be killed in the name of God.

This thread should be ardessing all relegious beleifs not just Christianity. Calling people freaks is not necessary and removes creditability from your argument.

Peace

12. #32 Stoli, Jan 29, 2010
    so does misspelling words, but your argument was actually very good

edit: especially since the extent to which you did so borders on impressive.

edit2: he fixed them, obviously

13. #33 Mr. Mojorising, Jan 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2010
    Sorry about the spelling. I typed it out quickly wile working on my income tax I must have been a bit distracted. Editing now. Thats the best excuse I got.

EDIT obviously who else would fix my mistakes God? pff!

Peace

14. Flame me for stating my opinion :rolleyes:

Morality is a hoax created by the human mind to ensure the survival of the whole race. No more, no less. Right and wrong are illusions, no more, no less.

You now, really, your the one who needs to learn. So arrogant, so immature :rolleyes:

15. That is just one interpretation of reality which cannot be objectively proved true or false.

In my opinion though, common sense tells me it is incorrect and foolish. It's something that can be argued back and forth forever but 99% of people know it's untrue and even children can immediately reject that idea as false.

16. Please, I would like to hear your interpretation of what morality is, or what morality is for. I cant think of any other use for it. Remember, you can delph into philosophy all you want, but the human race is just another animal, desperate to survive and reproduce.

17. #37 potblower, Jan 29, 2010
    if MLK didnt have any morality or a sense of what was right and wrong, where would non-whites be right now? prob another 10-15 years back, and b/c hitler had very little morals a whole generation of jews are gone.......your wrong about being just animals, morality seperates us from that, we as a people are very important to this earth, we can right our wrongs and really take care of this earth IF we want to, but not everybodys on board w/ that

i understand the bitterness of death and change but were ruining our gift, i hate that the thought of a one world society disturbs people and they auto. say the govt. is tryin to take over the world, i believe there really needs to be a push for one, but it has to be done right, and we can make it perfect if we really wanted too, i fear itll take another war or two, or a huge world natural diaster for people to move that way

18. What?!?!?! YOU'RE NOT A CHRISTIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOpva_iit-8]YouTube - Crazy Christian Lady, Marguerite Perrin on Trading Spouses.[/ame]

:laughing:

19. Jesus is was an avatar, and I know he didn't intend for all those things religion has caused. He came to spread a message and groups of people used use his message for control.

20. The ideas of morality were put in you as you grew up. So of course a child would understand that, but it doesn't put it past the concept of human. Look at other animals out in the world. They don't think twice about stealing some food from another animal to survive. Killing another animal for survival, or sometimes they kill others to show off for mates. And they have no understanding of "moral" so all of these actions are fine. Now cross into human boundaries where if you steal it's immoral.. if you kill it's immoral. Morality is just another way to hide the fact that we are animals from ourselves. Another method in which to control. Some people would say it's immoral to cuss, or that it is wrong. But those words are only bad because your entire life you were told so. Raise your kid to think the word "chair" is bad, and it will be for them.