Jesus Camp.

Discussion in 'Movies' started by McChicken, Aug 11, 2009.

1. #1 McChicken, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2009
  2. yo, video wont play as you cant do it like that i think...
    Post link...

3. This movie was on in the middle of the night a few years ago, baked duh, it was so creepy. Like you said about the kids being brainwashed, there's parts when the kids "speak in tongues because the LOOOORDD" it's weird. it made me uncomfortable to watch.

4. it was crazy kids were having like church seizures when people are saying there healed.

5. all religions are is brainwashing you to stay in line and do what they tell you to. Not what the "lord" is telling you but PEOPLE just like any other human they don't have some super power to be able to hear dead imaginary characters.:wave:

6. I think its sad you believe like that, but it doesn't matter.

That jesus camp movie sure is disturbing. I find it quite interesting that it was filmed at a pentacostal summer camp. That is the same religion sect that devolved into Jim Jone's worshipping and the massive cult suicide of jonestown. So basically I'd say its definitely brainwashing, but not all religion is brainwashing.

7. I think its sad that u believe in "GOD"

Do some research on your own not other people's words.

Also watch religious makes me laugh at how people at such high religious positions have questions asked and how they all answer is hilarious on there part. LIke trying to explain retard stories in the bible about talking burning bushes and people living inside fish. fucking straight up RETARDED for believing in that bs:wave:

8. i thought the craziest part of this movie was them explaining how alot of the religion is teaching how to convert other people. the little girl at the bowling alley handing out those pamphlets was so sad

9. you really have to do that stuff. Maybe not everyone believes in it. They are stories to teach civil behavior, good morals, and life lessons. They don't have to be true. A lot of people with religion do act retarded but not everyone.

Way to judge everyone based on something you know nothing about, funny you tell me to do research on other's words when you clearly don't. At least I'm not judging everyone around me to be less intelligent like you. :)

10. I saw that movie it was a deeper look into a lifestyle that is sooo much more different than anything I ever known and its just crazy that people really do stuff like so I liked it cause I enjoy learning about different lifestyles and social interactions with the world were they being brain washed? well I can't say its not my place to judge anyone its just different and all I can really do is respect who they are and what they do

11. i'm an atheist but i went to a religious community service trip for school a few years back. it was a full week of cleaning up the hood in atlanta and we rebuilt this old couple's roof too. it feels very good to help people in need but it pissed me off so much because the counselors were constantly saying how we weren't doing this for the people or for ourselves but for god. i was like wtf are you even saying?! a group of kids would always volunteer to go door to door showing people the light of jesus. i wanted to throw those kids off the roof. i would be perfectly fine with most religion except for the fact that its a law to constantly be "saving" others who arent in the exact same sect. so many people are anti-judaism but in my opinion it makes the most sense. they keep to themselves and don't bother anybody like christianity and islam. sorry for the rant but everytime someone mentions christianity i feel the need for a rant.