Jesus Camp

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by high as hell, Aug 6, 2007.

1. You should really lighten up. Next thing you'll be telling me, is that a picture of jesus with a missile sticking out of his ass, or Muhammad with a bomb for a head, isn't funny either.

2. Wonder if they got a "I went to Jesus Camp and all I got was this louzy t-shirt..." shirt.

3. Just in case you missed the memo, either you are talking to deluded atheists, or they were being facetious in declaring their preference of Hell over Heaven. I've said similar things myself, but what I was usually getting at is that I would be completely unwilling to spend eternity with the deities and followers of any of the major religions.

I cannot think of a worse fate than having to share a cloud tuft with Jerry Falwell. He probably wouldn't enjoy if very much either.

4. True that, all the cool people are going to be in hell, anyways. Me and Carl Sagan can take strolls around the lake of brimstone, discussing quasars.

5. *BuMp* more people must see this !!!

6. i watched all of the documentary yesterday and it was indeed riveting.

i find this "movement" completely disgusting; maybe because they are completely disregarding the principles of christianity.

the "speaking in tounges" that this pastor lady is promoting is quite amusing. hopefully soon they will realize speaking in tounges isnt literal (such as in this case, swahelion/gibberish :laughing:), but that it simply means your words will be more God-oriented.

the part where they were blessing and praying for the electrical chords, wires, power point presentation, etc...could they have not found something more meaningful to pray about?

i truly feel sorry for not just the children, but everyone else who genuinely believe this is the way christianity is. they seem like they are all in their own little overly evangelical bubble, disconnected from the world and more importantly the gospel. but yes, very entertaining documentary indeed.

Mark 10:13-16-- Now the people were bringing little children for him to touch, but the disciples scolded those who brought them. But when Jesus saw this, he was indignant and said to them, "Let the little children come to me and do not try to stop them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will never enter it."

7. yeah I know eh? CH#VELLE I know you're a pretty devout christian, isn't it really scary to see what people are using your massiah to do? brainwashing children? forming a cult? training a "army of god" ?

this is starting to sound waayy too much like what has happened in the middle east with the perversion of the Islamic faith. EVERYONE RUN TO CANADA!!! lol

8. Delusions, psychological self delusions- No matter how exempt you may feel yourself out to be because of your religion, or just because of what you have been told or your own personal convictions that yours is the right path and absolute truth, its always of a healthy mind to look outside the marble..

When deep in religion[ie Christianity] You cannot perceive anything out the shell the dogmas and bible theology locks you in, [When you are part of a sect or particular religious group, you tend to see only from your bubble of existance, and not see yourself as other people see you,

When one is in a cult/religion/sect, each denomination of these sects believe they are the true ones... the one truest and only way, but This is as "Diogene's lap" example, that when the ancient greeks in his time were arguing over present religious matters, who's and which deity was the true deity for that city, majority went for the common deity in their time- Diana- christianity is just like that, it feels exempt as well, but no, it is not. it is just another religion. within christianity alone, there is a whole other world, groups and sects and cults and denominations all defering and at a given - despising even the smell of one another - even though they all worship one saviour...

The problem with separatism within christianity is that it actually roots to the original source. The words of Jesus Christ, he's spoken words alone cater for just about any christian denomination to side to, or if willing to quote bible verses ready to back their views, which - with an easy quote easyily drop a misile on the opposing arguer with thees and thous . It is a spar between spoons and plates, each backing his own interpretations and views.

Jesus' words in modern christian theology can cater for any life, or any lifestyle, he said things in just the right way that they tickle any hopeful ear.

'Every other religion is nonsense and ridiculous, that is the strong convictions of Christianity general... this is a dillusion - which says every other of opposing beliefs is lost and of gullible 'sinful' nature in need to be "purified" to accept these beliefs, that is the whole significance in holy confirmation and water baptism.

Minds are succepteble to believe in anything that makes them feel good, special, or exempt, baptised, or saved, loved, or well cared for, that is why i believe we invented God ... Christianity was very clever, because it has two very humanly attractive personal deities, a mean military tough no nonsense punisher God, and a soft passive sentimental peace, love and forgiveness deity,(though later - the story changed to him being now King of Kings as shown in Revelations... He seems to have taken on the tough attributes of his Father[ after his qualification assignment] as has evidently now earned his rightful place as Judge in God's administration. these two personalities - in their fullness - are appealing to the vast majority of the human population.

9. HAHAHA xpiperx thats great, I think I'll thow some rep in your general direction.

Plus I wanna buy a bible and put a sticker like that on it.