Jesus Camp

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by high as hell, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Im not hear to please you and I'm done arguing with your adolecent mind set.

2. Righto. Excellent way to deal with being proven wrong. Run away, as you always have. Tootles.

3. about that Jesus Camp...:smoking:

4. Too true.

I believe that it's a horrible place that gives decent christians, such as you, a bad name.

5. Sorry, I must have misinterpreted.

From an atheist's POV those simply aren't options.

I don't think we have a choice what happens to us in the afterlife...

I don't like the heaven/hell concept much...

Why should good ppl go to hell, and bad ppl to heaven? Why should anyone go to hell? Why are there only two options?

6. Actually, I guess I'm one of those morons that wouldn't go to heaven for any reason. Why would I want to go there? All the best people will be in hell, should such a place exist. I don't believe in either of them, though, so it doesn't matter.

7. The heaven and hell concept of

heaven= all good people in white singing praises to His name, golden streets, eternal life

hell= all bad people in black being punished for all eternity by the devil, fire and brimstone, eternal damnation, yet still existance so not eternal death

Is ridiculous to me, for many reasons some scientific some totally personal. But I do believe in a heaven that is a place you want to go and hell is a place you don't want to go.

So all the bad people who think they are going to hell or want to go to hell-

They wind up in 'heaven' with people in white singing, playing harps and such. That is hell for them, that is the punishment for their transgression if such a place exists.

Biggie Smalls comes to mind appearing at the pearly gates:

Biggie-What the fuck am I doin here??? This is heaven, I don't belong here!

God- Uh, you were expecting something you liked? This is hell for you, enjoy the eternal damnation to harp music and praise to the Lord. You don't think with all of my power I can't play Lucifer too? ;)

Oh and as far as an athiest goes not wanting to go to heaven, that's heaven for them if they don't go to "heaven" with the golden streets. Heaven could be here on Earth, having all of our desires and all of our problems. Some people actually like drama a lot, I'm not one of those people but I do enjoy a good dramatic storyline now and again. Especially a real-life dramatic story like history tells. But I can see how some people would want, to actually be able to want- if that makes any sense. :D

In heaven like they have been told about, there are no problems and not much to do really because desire goes out the window in a perfect place where every "desire" is instantly fullfilled. There can be no desire there, only pleasure brought about by the removal of desire itself.

Now this is an assumption here but I try to be inciteful as much as I can, but maybe the only reason they said they don't want to go to heaven, is because their idea of heaven isn't really heaven. How could someone not want to have what they want? :smoking:

It's impossible, just saying you don't want means you don't WANT it LOL it's still wanting no matter what.

8. you're not a moron, hempress...

I thought Biggie was a born-again christian...

9. Geez, can't take a freakin joke? It feels like the air is 50 pounds in here, can't we lighten it up a bit?

He wrote a song that talks about how "when I die I don't want to go to heaven with all the goody goodies wearin white; I'd rather go to hell with black tims and black hoodie dont' know how the rest goes"

I hope at least someone gets that, but maybe I should remember this spirituality and philosophy and everyone is on serious mode it seems... :(

10. Ya he also wrote a song about killing and raping Virgin Mary.

11. LOL It's a joke, at least I was able to laugh about the situation/response though.

So serious. :D

12. I really didn't take it as a joke when i heard biggie say that.

13. ROFL you gotta be kiddin me bro, please just crack a smile or something! The joke was

"Biggie Smalls appears at the pearly gates:

Biggie-What the fuck am I doin here??? This is heaven, I don't belong here!

God- Uh, you were expecting something you liked? This is hell for you, enjoy the eternal damnation to harp music and praise to the Lord. You don't think with all of my power I can't play Lucifer too? ;)

Biggie didn't want to go to heaven in that song, so hell would be harp music that never ended. Imagine Biggie frustrated by angels with harps. It really is quite amusing. :D

14. Ya I got what you said. I was just saying that biggie wrote another song, where he said he would rape and kill Mother Mary. He is pretty corrupt.

15. You got what I said but bring up something totally serious?

I wasn't joking about what you are talking about.

Killed it, it's over :(

Be serious with your bad self, carry on. :wave:

16. The thing that really sucks is that you can't blame her (the big fat woman in the beg.) because she was probably a mentally unstable child that was brainwashed. So this will never stop because you can't convince those kids that what they learned was wayyyyyyyy to radical.

I'm only 13 minutes into it but i'll finish watchin right now..

17. haha. Biggie was the man!

18. Doesn't anybody see the humor in Biggie Smalls all in white with his head in his hands thinking about how much he hated the harps? :D

19. Jesus would probably be DJing some old school Biggie just for him! it is heaven after all...

20. Yes i see the funnyness of biggy being tormented like that for eternity.