Jesus Camp

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by RudyCooper, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Has anyone ever seen this sick documentary about extremism and indoctrination in christianity?

classic quotes:

"YOU DO NOT MAKE A HERO OUT OF A WARLOCK"

and one about if harry potter lived in biblical times he would ahve been executed. (this yelled to a crowd full of wide-eyed 'christian' children.

2. I haven't, but I've heard of it.

It's odd how documentary makers, can film this sort of thing, portray it to the world and then have the participants deny the responsibility for the grandeur of their organization.

3. I almost cried for those kids when I saw the trailer.

4. <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6RNfL6IVWCE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6RNfL6IVWCE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Yes.

I don't know if I have the balls to watch this. This kind of crap makes me sick to my stomach.

Watch your countrymen closely, my American friends, these are YOUR religious fanatics.

EDIT: this is why secularism MUST prevail

5. Wow. That was incredibly disturbing.
    Those kids are going to grow up to be very fucked up individuals...

6. This appalling disgrace makes me want to throw shit. Don't these people realize that convincing small children to believe this shit is not an accomplishment.

7. It is child abuse. Pure and simple.

8. *Rape of the mind.

9. Once again, they take a great idea and fuck it up. Religion is isnt about war like that fat bitch at the end keeps screeming, its supposed to be about love.To be honest, these camps are the same as the camps where they 'put grenades in their hands'. Religion is more destructive than a grenade especially when its handled like these people do.

10. im glad my parents didnt put me through that torture.

it disgusts me how they use something popular like harry potter and make the kids feel guilty about it.

i support charlie mansons cult more than this jesus camp crap.

11. I actually own that movie and the first time I watched it I felt extremely disturbed. My parents won't even watch it.

12. Yeah, that is disturbing. You should live in a Mennonite community and go to school there, if you wanna meet the most judgmental people on the planet; right-winged fundamentalists certainly fit the bill.

Is there a link to this documentary online so I could watch it all?

13. i saw that movie...those kids reminded me of terrorist extremists in the making, only christians. those kids are so fuckin sheltered its scary. on the other hand, they're like people from the middle ages where religion was everything in their life with massive cathedrals and shit.

14. I have grown up directly in the eye of this particular storm. It's a *miracle* I've managed to get out of that mental trap, while a lot of the people I grew up with still remain in there.

In my list of causes of an apocalyptic scenario, this ranks number one, no question about it.

When technology reaches the point where it threatens to unquestionably destroy all proof of their faith, they will without hesitation bring everything around us to dust. Bear in mind that they are being taught that we are living in the final days of the earth, and that it's destruction is imminent. They're being taught that they are the victims of secularist(satanic) agenda, citing things like the abolition of prayer in schools as one of the signs of oppression of god's people, and hence a cue for the end of the age.

These people will push the big red button, no two ways about that. At the moment I'm working with other futurists and thinkers on ways to avert such a destructive scenario, but the options are very few. Just read about the battle of armageddon, they even have the location worked out.

[web]http://jonesreport.com/articles/080806_evangelicals_war_hope.html[/web]

15. You know, there's an evangelical preacher in that documentary named Ted Haggard. If the name sounds familiar, it's because he was busted for buying meth and having sex with male prostitutes. Then he went away to some magical rehab and came back about a month later reportedly fully cured and heterosexual.

16. a miracle from our lord and savior jesus christ!!! :rolleyes:

17. I just watched part of it and these people seriously remind me of the bastards of the Wesburo babtist church

18. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armageddon
    I do not like those rapture watch sites, people have been claiming the end was nigh for 2000+ years now. Christianity is not the only religion to claim it either. I am willing to agree the end is "nigh" (not necessarily due to the events depicted in Revelations) be that in five seconds or five billion years, who knows? If it is beyond your control and there is no way to protect yourself and stay safe, why worry about it at all? Oh well, it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round, eh.