Jerrys Organic Obsession

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by jerry111165, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Hey Jerry,
    I built that table of yours today. Its only 36 x 36. I grow in a 4 x 4 tent. I am so excited that I'm not emptying little fucking trays anymore. I didn't have any money with christmas coming up and all to buy that white roofing. But I had some black rubber roofing that I stripped from my flat roof when I built a new one. Do you think this will work ok? I realize that I don't have the reflection. Im a little worried it may heat up with my 1000w shining on it since its black.

Love the blue and purple hues on that girl! Damn!

2. Jerry!:wave:

Cheers to your 1000th post! You're well on your way to becoming an organic legend around here I swear:) I'm lucky to be considered one of your original buds on this awesome site! & same to you brotha!

On temps I must say, ~79 degrees and my plants seem to stay healthier and grow faster. Whether it be soil or hydro. And I'm not just talking about marijuana, I've done veggies too;)

For me, any hotter and I would end up with gnats. Any cooler, growth isn't as aggressive.

Wow, that's just amazing. You've convinced me man. Living organics is in my future:cool: I've even gone and ordered myself a copy of Teaming With Microbes last night!

So, my first AACT will be brewing in a few days, if I can get together my materials. I have a nice sized worm bin in my backyard, that has some ready to harvest compost in it. Think this will work? lol

On top of that I plan on adding some molasses, GO BioWeed, & GO BioMarine. How does that sound man? :laughing: sorry again for all the questions!

Hmmm, I say 8 ounces AT LEAST..... I'm going to put some positive vibes out there for you Jerry:D

Hope your week is starting out right, I know mine is!

3. Had to bump that, I mean geez.....

Here's a peak into whats going on for me right now Jerry... Not much atm:eek:

Just harvested an Ounce off of this beautiful outdoor Sour Lemon Haze girl, buds in cure:)

[​IMG]

Here is what I thought was OG Bubba Kush but dude who gave me the clone says he mean't Platinum Bubba Kush:confused: looks pretty from the cold though... She'll be cut tomorrow!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

... and now I'm starting this here Grapefruit Cheese Kush bagseed that I might make a mother...

[​IMG]

Hope you don't mind me sharing these pics Jerry, just want to keep you up to date... No reason for me to have a journal because I consider myself more of a "freelance" grower for the time being :laughing:

4. Sure - here's the arithmetic. You have 30 s.f. and you can figure (easily) that you will be able to maintain a minimum of 3.5 lbs. per each s.f. so that would put you at 105 lbs. of worms.

"Duck Soup"

5. Irie - So cool! You're gonna love not having to worry about dumping nasty anaerobic stinky trays anymore! *lol*

The black rubber will work just fine, and last you many years - and it doesnt leak! Once your vegetation covers the table it doesnt matter what color it is anymore! Lets see a pic!

Doc, nice pictures! Glad to hear you're gonna switch over to organics. It can be as easy or as in depth as you like. As far as your tea goes - yep, the worm castings are the ticket - that and the mollasses, but please dont use much. A couple of (2) teaspoons in the 5 gallon bucket are more than enough. Its easy to overdo the molasses.

I am not familiar with the General Organics products so I cant comment...sorry!

Take your time reading (and re-reading, and re-reading) TWM. It is a fantastic read, but I am finding myself going back on sections, and going thru them over and over. You'll see what I mean. Alot of the info in the book is exactly what we talk about here on the Organic boards.

LD - I'm not sure if I could keep up with that much worm food! Wow!

Wish me luck, please guys. Tonight at 8pm is when I try and get my daughter and I (and 2 friends) into Levon Helms house for New Years Eve, and only around 100 people get in, so I need alot of luck and being poised over the keyboard at 8pm - sharp!

If you dont know who Levon is, he was the drummer for The Band. He lives in upstate NY (Woodstock area) out in the country. Some years ago he built a barn, a beautiful post and beam structure attached to his house, and he has a band (The Levon Helm Band) that plays there maybe once a month? for around 100 people. These guys are unbelievably fantastic. We went this summer and it was an unbelievable experience, and are praying that we can get in for his new Years show!

Check it out HERE - The Midnight Ramble

jerry.

6. Good Morning, Jerry:)

Thank you!! I'll keep all that in mind.... I feel like my past few grows have been very close to organic.....But I'm reading some interesting stuff about General Organics that is making me want to say no, and never again... I'm actually embarrassed I even brought this product up here after reading a few posts in a different place:eek:

Sweet, I'm sure in the future I'll be giving you much thanks for suggesting the book to me man... I know it will provide me with not only great information, but some entertainment as well.

Good luck with getting into that show... Sounds like you and your daughter might have an awesome New Years night to remember... She's lucky to have a Dad like you. We didn't all have a deadhead dad!!

7. Jerry,
    I dont know about you, but having the good dope in my pocket usually gains me entrance to the parties. I'll post a pic of my grow when I get home. I am posting from my phone at the moment

8. Hi Doc.

I think that theres a tremendous difference between "almost organic", and true, living organics. The reason that I say this, is that i think that our friends the microbes are VERY sensitive, and that conditions must be right, and there cannot be any chemicals at all that could potentially hurt them. I dont think that it takes much of a bad thing to kill them or keep them from doing what they are meant to do.

I did do just fine using General hydroponics products, but have never tried any General Organics products. Are they truly organic? I just dont know, and if I had to guess, i would think that they are not - but again, I'm just guessing.

The bottom line is that YOU DO NOT NEED THOSE BOTTLES. PERIOD.

Dont waste your money anymore. You dont need them. They are sold in the "Hydro Store Mentality", of which I was a part of for many, many years, that we need these bottles in order to garden marijuana.

We dont. In fact, we do much, much better without them...*lol*. Funny, isnt it?

Thanks for wishing us good luck - we have tremendous fun together at shows. She has been to hundreds with me, and I wouldnt want it any other way. A couple of years ago we flew out to San Fran for the Dead at the Bill Graham venue. :)

Levon Helm band friggin ROCKS. Larry Campbell plays lead for him - Larry used to play for Dylan, and I saw him play lead for Phil Lesh and Friends many times - we love Larry! :) Larrys wife Theresa does vocals with Levons daughter Amy - Boy can those gals shake the house down! Theres a mess of people in the band - Howard Johnson from Saturday Night Live (during the Belushi/Akroyd days) plays horns - is simply a fantastic time. Althea (my daughter) got Theresa Williams to sign a book made out to us from tyhe entire band the last time we were out there...:) Its a very special, intimate time, and i cant think of anywhere I'd rather party for New Years - I hope we get in!

Irie - I wish it were that easy man! *lol*

jerry.

9. That line is definitely NOT organic. Not even close.

LD

10. Well true living organics it is for me my friend. Everything I've been reading recently about bottled nutrients vs organics is completely changing my perspective on everything. I mean not only growing, but the things I eat, and definitely the things I'm going to do in the future...

So I guess for my first AACT tea I'll be brewing just some of my worm bin compost, and molasses... I'll feed it to the seedling I have and some other plants around the backyard. Keep it simple.

What stuff can you suggest for me to get Jerry? Brand new true organics student right here:) lol, or I suppose I could wait for my copy of TWM to come in a week or so.... I'm hoping it can be my new bible to gardening:laughing:

Course Jerry I really hope you both get to go! That's crazy, I've been to 3 concerts at the age of 19 lol... I think I remember her being younger?

Wow sounds like a jamming combination! You'll have to tell us all about it!:D

11. mini-IMG_1173.JPG

Here's the pic Jerry! I just changed over to the table yesterday. Also did some LSTing and switched over to my 1000W hps from my T5 that I was vegging with. Im still vegging with the hps until they get a bit larger.

Also, if your interested in checking out my learning curve, I've got a link to my grow journal at the bottom of my post. I am updating it now. I started with sick plants, but now have some healthy growers.

12. Will respond tomorrow - but just wanted to let ya'll know that I am/we are in the door at Levons house for New Years Eve!

Woo-hoo!

:)

Jerry.

13. Congratz my friend!!!:wave: Have a good night!

14. Well, long highway drive out to Bangor this morning. Work, work, and more work.

Irie, thanks for the invite, and I will definetly stop in later when I'm in front of a real computer! *lol* - right now I'm on the Blackberry and it just isn't the same. Pic looks good though! Its amazing what'll happen to sick plants when you let the microbes do their job and take over, isn't it!

I stay out of town sometimes on Monday nights, due to the hour+ drive to work, so wasn't home for. 48 hours. I had made my own worm casting tea (AACT) over the weekend, and drenched and sprayed with this on Sunday. When I checked my Veg area last night I was blown away!!! The gals had grown tremendously in 48 hours - simply amazing!!! Ya know what - I didn't have to pay big money for some bottles to get this growth either! It cost me virtually nothing now that I know how to do it, and used my own homemade castings. These things must have grown 8" - 10" in 48 hours, and the stems doubled in thickness - I'm not even kidding!

Doc, yeah - my daughter (well, my oldest) is almost 16. I think I'm lucky to have a kid that I can share and enjoy my kind of music with.My other two listen to Top 40 dance music *lol* - but me and Althea have been going to shows since she was 6 years old. We are incredibly excited about going to see the Levon Helm Band on New Years - we will be literally 8' from the stage!

I would be excited to help you out with a soil mix and the whole organic deal - if you want. We can go slow and get it perfect. :) Are you set up for indoor growing with winter coming on?

Gotta work - back later.

Jerry.

15. Good morning!

I had a hard time rooting in the ewc/peat lightweight mix that i was trying. It was just staying waaay too wet, and the clones didnt like it. I'm sure that this is my fault and the mix I made simply had too much ewc/vermicompost in it. Maybe I'll try a couple of cuts in an adjusted batch soon.

I had built a little cloner some time ago, that just uses air and an airstone to kind of spray the clone stems w/ bursting air/water bubbles, and i had great success with it, so yesterday I took a mess of clones from 4 different varieties, and got the cloner all cleaned out and up and running again. I may just stick to using this method, as i did have good success with it. I'll try and post some pics later on of it in action! Its actually working better now, as I have my good Alita ($250.00) air pump hooked up to it. :)

Big Blue is ready - its so mature right now, and I dont want it to got 'too" mature, and go past the perfect flowering time, if you know what I mean, so I may have a friend come out on Saturday morning and help me harvest her.

I am going to literally hate to cut her down! Its gonna bother me to no end...*lol* She has been my "baby"...and to take the knife to her now...*lol* - you know what I mean.

The others in the flower room are really coming along, too, just maybe not up to Big Blue's standards. I'll get some good update pictures going here asap.

At least we will know soon how much she's gonna produce! I will work on getting some macro pics of her best tops close-up too. Boy, is this plant gonna be tasty! Yummy!

TGIF!

jerry.

16. I did something similar a couple of grows cycles back. about 50/50 EWC/peat and 25% perlite - NOT! Did not work worth a darn plus when I transplanted it just crumbled to pieces and I was left holding a root system with nothing attached to it LOL. Plants were not happy needless to say and it took a couple of weeks for them to recover.

Live 'n learn eh Jerry mate! Cheers!

17. Hiya Possum. I know that my ewc/peat mix was simply too heavy and waterlogged. I'm thinking that I would need to go 90% peat and 10% ewc next time, instead of the way I went about it this time, w/ a 60/40 mix - just way too heavy.

I also tried using just organic aloe vera with the water, per LD. I might not know how well this works until I revise the rooting mix.

You're right on the live & learn comment! Its always a work in progress.

In the meantime I'm just gonna use my little bubble cloner that I built and have had good success with. What are your thoughts on using the aloe vera juice in the bubble cloner? Can you comment either way?

jerry.

18. Jerry,

The method you're using is the one that LD uses with the best results. I've had trouble like you're experiencing also. A mix of 7 part sphagnum peat to 1 part EWC is the ratio he promotes. I also add 1 part rice hulls for additional aeration.

When using this method you want to use bigger cuttings, even on the woody side. The smaller cuts with softer tissue don't do well with this method. I use Rapid Rooters for the smaller cuts, LD uses rock wool. One thing is certain though, once they root in the EWC/Peat blend, the plants start "blowin' and goin'" right out of the cup.

chunk

19. #79 Possuum, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2011
    I wish I had something for you on the aloe but there are more learned than I regarding its special properties and how that might work with the areo cloner. I won't even try to BS ya Jerry mate. :wave:

Off topic but relating perhaps. MX kicked off this thread http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/750990-3oz-container-grows-17.html

and it seems to me you, AllGood, blutis, BuZZ, btc2112, BubbleDust, Chunk, CPA, deacon, Freakbro, FunTimeGrowHap, jBudZ, LD, Mike1234, MI Wolverine, NorCali, ReggieG, Russy, 420_Ozzie, G45, SeanDawg, SpaceMunkies, Stankie, StickE, SupNova :)wave:), TeeDubyaBeeeeeeeee, yoctown,and all the other good peeps reading your thread ought to jump on this 3oz challenge. Smoove may be the dude to beat with a 14oz, 2 plant SCROG, but I think MiZZBatKitty:) seems to hold the title for a 3oz tree trunk. Damn! :eek: The BadKat just never ceases to amaze.

I'm in it for fun, not to win it LOL. I'm going with a "special sauce" mix ;););). Hell, I can grow little plants better anybody - mine are ALL little LOL!

EDIT: (still adding names :smoke:)

20. Sounds like a fun sidebar. Whadya say, Jerry?