Jerrys Organic Obsession

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by jerry111165, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Posting a question here as I feel this thread has a higher ratio of smart, mature, helpful posters. [​IMG] .  I am thinking of making a stainless steel pan to custom fit the bottom of my tent for water runoff so I can save some room with not having to have individual saucers.  Just worried about mold or other issues I may not have thought of yet.  Any comments, suggestions, experiences appreciated.

2. Stainless will be perfect since its not pourous so will be super easy to clean and keep clean! great idea.
    If i was you i would hit up TJ since he made one from wood and used pond lining, willl be cheaper :)
    Chef

• Like Like x 1
  3. thanks for the reply.  I am a metal fabricator and can make one up at work in about a half hr free of charge.  Have make pots and saucers before, was just concerned about having that much space wet but I suppose it will be good for my humidity.  Its always fairly low.  Figure I'll go 2" tall and two seperate pans to avoid the tent pole in the center(4x8 tent).  Thought about making my own "tent" out of metal for that matter.  Make it up at work, and bring it home to bolt together.  I could custom make vents holes, or any other kind of tap or door.  Could even build in filter racks for intake etc...  Tents are working fine for now though.

4. Hey Jerry. How's the October weather treating you yanks. I always have to jet to warmer pArts

5. Make it a SIP pan, not a run off pan...you'll love it

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks for all the information Jerry and everyone who contributed! I have been reading and following thread. I am very interested in organic growing but I have yet to find the proper ratios for all listed ingredients.
    I am sure its somewhere in the 350+ page thread but I cannot read them all. Can Jerry or someone with the knowledge post the exact ratios of Jerrys original mix?
    Thanks for everything!!

7. The first 10 pages of the original no till gardening thread will get you everything you need. Cheers

Diy Cree Cob 800w LED 20g notil

• Like Like x 1
  8. Look up the "no-till revisited" thread. I also made a spreadsheet calculator using that recipe that gives you quantities based on pot size and number of pots.

9. Nice work brother. I'll also take a look at the calc
    Cheers

Diy Cree Cob 800w LED 20g notil

10. just finished reading this entire journal. thank you so much to everyone that has contributed to this amazing thread.this journal has completely changed my ideas of what it means to grow. ihave my first round of organic soil just put into veg & my second round cycling.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Hi jerry. Hope you're enjoying these few weeks of fall before it starts to get cold. I'm spending my winter in iowa this year, so it will be interesting to see the garden die and start again in the spring. Hope all is well. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  12. 1 thing to say .... life changer.. thanx again Jerry

• Like Like x 2
  13. Here is a great article from royal queen seeds on why not to use liquid nutes Why You Should Not Use Grow Boosters or Extra Nutrients

14. So im sure that somewhere in here KNF practices were touched on right.

15. Hey Jerry,

Man I have to say you have some beautiful plants there !! love reading your blogs .. keep up the good advices!!

16. Another noob grower making preparations now to go organic here!
    Thanks for the extensive breakdown guys!

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Blast from the past

• Like Like x 2
  18. Where? Where? Lol

it's getting pretty squanchy in here!

• Like Like x 1