Jerrys Organic Obsession

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by jerry111165, Nov 20, 2011.

1. But not when I want to emulsify the various oils I use.

I probably didn't word it correctly - no mystery on that one.

2. Might be a good find. Do you have a better comparison than the apples to oranges one, for me, because I can't get a suspension density into a solution percentage without some missing variable or something.... Always math was my short suit.

3. That, believe it or not, was the intent of my post. Obviously a re-write is in order.

That much is clear.......

LOL

4. I guess that makes sense, maybe just toy with the application (very slightly) by like .1 of a gram at a time.. After reading the MSDS I can kind of see why dyna gro is kind of pricey, you need a bit of safety equip to handle the raw material.. But good to know that it can be done, if there is a will there is a way..

5. Several pictures I took today on the rocky coast of Maine.

God Bless America.

Im going to eat. Im starvin.

Attached Files:

6. #3226 Chunk, May 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2012
    The Dyna Grow Protekt recommended dosage according to the website is 1 ml/gal for a solution of 8ppm K and 21ppm SIo2. 1ml=.20 Tsp. We've been adding 1/4 or .25 tsp/gal in our regular soil drenches since we've found Protekt.

1 gallon=768 Tsp. so 4 times that would be the amount of gallons from 1 gallon of Protekt or 3072.

The benefit from using the powder IMO is that the levels of SI and SIo2 as well as the K are much higher and the price is equivalent to the liquid Protekt. Using .7 grams/gallon you would get 2400 gallons using 4# @ 29.00.

4# powdered Potassium Silicate @ 29.00 = 2400 gallons +/- @98ppm SiO2 or 46ppm Si, and 49ppm K.

1 ga Dyna Grow Protekt @ 29.95 = 3072 gallons +/- @ 8ppm Potassium and 21ppm Silicon.

You could potentially use twice the water with the powder and still have higher SI/K levels. I think I'd just use the powder straight up rather than make a concentrate.

Just sayin',

Chunk

7. Thanks guys!

So, bottom line - twelve bucks a pound and this makes a lot more than a bottle of Pro-Tekt.

Sounds like a no-brainer. It will take a LONG time for me to finish my jug at home first tho,

J

8. [quote name='"jerry111165"']Several pictures I took today on the rocky coast of Maine.

God Bless America.

Im going to eat. Im starvin.[/quote]

Fucking awesome

9. Its been a while, glad to see your still around :)

:smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

10. #3230 ComfreyQuery, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
    NOOB is right - just get Pro-TeKt and call it a day......

11. I found some knotweed recently and boy is this plant strong. it grew right through the pavement!

Attached Files:

12. Cripes its a ghost!

JMA, how long's it been? A long time, thats for sure. Great to see you too man. Hope all is well with you and yours!

j

13. hey Jerry just checkin in and catching up

has anyone heard about this story ???

Boy Calls Cops On Pot-Growing Parents, Police Say

wow - D.A.R.E. classes are in most schools and I'm hearing it starts at fifth grade

this saddens me to no end - I wish this family well

swap

14. Hi Swap.

Yeah - thats way too bad. I'm SO glad that I'm in a medical state. Im able to raise my children in a way that shows them the TRUTH - that pot simply isnt a bad thing, and is in fact a GOOD thing. My kids are exposed to it on a daily basis and I feel that by doing so they are learning that "it isnt a big deal unless you make it a big deal". They know way better than to ever tell anyone, only because theres bad folks out there that will break in and rob you, not because its a bad thing and we're afraid of "getting in trouble".

They see how much dad loves gardening, and with me growing organically they see that, too as a good thing - no nasty chemicals in this house! :)

15. mrsmichigan

LMAO the best part is "I'm on to you" <== laughing myself silly

what up CQ

16. "Idiot Savant" - part of my resume summation

17. CQ

I just wanna clarify - I have the ingredients -

2 heads of garlic NOT 2 cloves??

Ginger Hand = whole piece of ginger with skin ???

Garlic sulfur isnt a product but what is in the garlic ?? correct??

thanks

swap

18. Not cloves - heads.

Yes on the ginger - the skin is as important as the internals

What I was trying to write and I missed a word - Garlic contains sulphur. That's what burns your eyes when you dice it up. It's also part of that raw garlic hot sensation on your tongue.

Sorry about that!

CQ

19. Garlic is my other favorite plant to grow. :)

20. Jerry
    I just noticed this - I went to a nursery to get my veggie plants for this years garden that I started - began a conversation with the guy who worked there watering the plants and asked if he knew about comfrey - surprisingly he said yes - so I asked if it was sold there - he said no - so I asked if he knew where I could get my hands on some - he said he could bring me some leaves - I asked if he had access to a root of the plant - he said YES :hello: :eek: :cool:

the next day he brought me some leaf cuttings and a hunk of root and plant material - i cut up the leaf material and filled a 32 oz cup and placed another 32oz cup on top with a bottle of beer in it to help gravity - it's been sittin in a cupboard for about 10 days and in a few more days I'll put the beer in the freezer and I'll hopefully have some tea to mix with water and water my crop as I drink that cold beer :D