Jellyfish? as a nutrient?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MACK^9, Mar 14, 2011.

1. So here is the scoop;
    im going to do a OG ocean grow ocean only ingredients in my amendment mix so i need some ideas. im using crab shells, fish emulsion and now im thinking about adding JELLYFISH to the mix. any ideas on how much to use ??... any other ocean ingredients you all would want me to try let me know...
    :smoke:Peace,MACK^9

2. Algae for sure

3. MACK, I would get a fish Hydrolysate instead of the emulsions. Hydrolysates are cold presses, leaving, by far, the highest counts of nutrients in the product. Emulsions are cooked and lose a lot of the nutrients and minerals that are beneficial. Neptune's Harvest is what I have used. they also have a Seaweed Extract.

Look at a site called KIS - Keep it Simple. They have an Acadian Seaweed Powder that several on here said is an extremely good product.

JaK

4. yes, thanks i have added algea to the mix, and seaweed extract. thanks for the suggestions fellas. and yes i have planed on doing cold press myself in a huge unerdground oven pit i have made with hot coals and rocks. im testing temps out tonight, trying to get it between 78 and 88degrees. i stated burning wood last night and its at about a 100 plus right now.
    to be honest I DONT PLAN ON BUYING ANY PRODUCTS FROM STORE especially not pre-made mixes.. i want to make this amendment from scraps and things i FISH out of the ocean myself. i live 10miles from the beach, so why not? im going down to the tide pools today to try and find a dead jellyfish and more .. wish me luck:smoke:MACK