Jelly grow?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Mega24v, Aug 17, 2019.

1. So I'm curious if weed would have any benefit from a concoction of minerals, oligosaccharides, peptides, amino and organic acids, phytohormones, phenolics, and sucrose?

Yes, I understand that some are nesisary for plant growth but would weed in General benefit or thrive is suck a makeup?

(Thinking about a gel or sapy medium for a grow) (experiment) (maybe as a supplement)

Might be mixed with some gel stuff that holds water... ( 1 cup with 5 gallons of water will turn a bucket to jelly)

What's your thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. it's gotta get oxygen

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I guess if you found a way of getting oxygen to the roots while still keeping the structure of the gel, it may have a chance at working.

It would take a container with a gas permeable membrane to contain the gel and still allow enough air to pass through its walls, a nutrient medium gel with a crystal lattice structure to allow the formation of cavaties in the gel itself for air, and the gel would have to be porous to allow the air/oxygen to flow through it.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

4. Why gel?

5. Sounds a lot like an idea based on tissue culture to me, that's been chatted about recently in this thread:

New Commercial Grow / Nursery

Micropropagation / tissue culture keeps things in a gel; thing is, everything then gets hardened off to grow in proper medium, so whilst this is great for storing genetics, mass producing and transporting clones, I don't think it'd be suitable as an alternative to a grow media as you'd have no control over the gel once it's made, so couldn't ammend the feed as you normally would for bloom etc...