Jeff Sessions FIRED

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by moabfighter, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Attorney general Jeff sessions resigns per trump request....

It’s coming. Legal weed is coming folks....

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. At least reschedule for now. He will use this as a campaign point to help with reelection. I don’t care which party is responsible so long as it’s done and employers can’t test for THC unless there is a way to test for imparement on the job resulting in injury.

4. Yeah...the USA is now sandwiched between two countries where it's fully legal. Surely a hot headed president and businessman like Trump who only wants murica to be the best country etc.. isn't going to stand for having us get left behind. I guess we'll find out spring 2019 that is supposedly when talks are going to start on reform according to Trump's camp. I have a pretty good feeling it's not going to be limited to medical and his advisors are going to talk about taking it fully off the list of scheduled substances.
    Sessions firing is only further evidence Trump doesn't want anyone getting in the way of cannabis reform and there has been discussion about this since he took office.

5. Trump fired Sessions mainly because he recused himself from the Russia Investigation.
    That really pissed him off, so He's installed someone who now will.

I'd bet the investigation will probably be ended in a couple of months anyway,
    but if there's interference from the Trump camp, if I was Mueller, I'd just
    release everything I had to Congressional Democrats and let the chips fall where they may.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. If Trump pulls the trigger and finally legalizes Cannabis... he’ll only have what 60% of the population on his side in the US in that regard? Some old folks, ALOT of young folks, as someone else pointed out 2/3 countries in North America have legalized Cannabis. The world hasn’t stopped because of it. In the states where it’s ok the revenue has gone up exponentially (Trump, $$$$$) I think it’ll be atleast decriminalized to where people can grow at home and not go to jail. Maybe we don’t need pot shops everywhere. But those that do it to be able to do it in the freedom of their home I think would be amazing. Let the stoners grow their buds, cut the black market out, and everything will be ok.

I’m 24 now. Been smoking since I was 13. I really feel like it could be on the horizon, legalization.

• Like Like x 2
  7. It would be great if all three countries were legal. It would be even greater to be able to fly between countries with weed in our baggage.

• Like Like x 1
  8. At best Trump will sign the States Act if it gets to his desk leaving it up to the states, no way in hell is he legalizing at the federal level. And if he somehow did it would be about the only policy decision I will have agreed with him on. And I think we do need plenty of stores, it will create a lot of jobs and a new, high revenue industry in the country

But yes, thank god both Sessions, Pete and Jeff are gone. Huge road blocks to cannabis reform just got taken out and that is great

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cannabis is not legal in Mexico as it is in Canada and Uruguay just yet. It has been passed by the supreme court that you cannot be charged with personal use and you can grow your own plants but you cannot legally buy it from a shop or online......although that will be coming. The U.S is a loooong way from legalization. First the Fed's need to decrimanalize it and make medical legal as a nation then maybe you will get legal weed after that but first things first.....THE WALL!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Good first steps...I hope it continues.

As others have said...at least re-schedule to a benign level. Quit prosecuting people and allow the states to move forward.

• Like Like x 1
  11. With Jeff sessions being gone, I doubt anything will change on a federal level (great for state legalization depending on who takes over) Jeff sessions being AG is not the only obstacle for federal legalization.

I like to be optimistic, but I am not holding my breath.

12. Speaking of the highly pumped and overrated WALL.... The Mexicans continue to dig tunnels, one was found 30 feet below the surface set up to smuggle people and drugs...
    Also they have been using small drones to bring over a few kilos of stuff we cannot mention on GC forums.. i don't think they even bother with weed on the drones, maybe not cost effective ounce for ounce...
    OK back to topic...